Job ID 339941
Information Security Manager – Solihull – £60,000 – £65,000 DOE Vulnerability Analysis, ISO:27001, Governance Risk, Compliance, Appreciate of Firewall, Cyber Essentials, Understanding of Network and MS Security products, Defender etc
Hybrid working 2 days in office
Working for a well know organization based in Solihull we are looking for an Information Security Manager to join a company with a growing focus towards security. Working along side Head of’s you will have the ability to help shape a security function and grow a position with autonomy. This will help develop your knowledge in an ISO:27001 compliant environment that boasts some of the best technology in the industry with a leading and continually growing brand.
General Summary Working as an interface between security and the broader IT function and business units you will be accountable for ensuring security is at the forefront of any deployment or implementation, or any upgrade or change. You will be a natural sponge for knowledge, researching new threats and technologies that could provide positive business impact and become the subject matter expert of wider security threats while working close with the outsourced partners to mitigate physical and technical security concerns.
* Work alongside the technical service owners to ensure that vulnerability detection capabilities are fit for purpose and working effectively and that identified vulnerabilities are managed to a successful remediation in a timescale appropriate to the risk.
* Assist in the development of technical and non technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
* Assist in responding to audits, penetration tests
* Work with IT internal and external suppliers to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration process of hardware and software.
* Research security solutions and provide technical support for their implementation to ensure all operations and maintenance activities are properly documented and actioned.
* Work with the wider group Information Security team to maintain and enhance the Group’s security position.
* Support the response to information security incidents
* Input into the design and strategy process to ensure that the Group continues to develop its maturity relating to data security and compliance.
* Have a focus towards Governance, Risk and Compliance across broader business units including non Technical functions
Required Skills and Experience
* Appreciation of anti-virus, networking, vulnerability management, encryption, Microsoft technologies.
* Knowledge of Information Security standards, legislation and practices, including GDPR & Data Protection Act 2018.
* Experience in dealing with a wide range of Information Security matters and operating in an ITIL based environment.
* Strong problem-solving ability, with flexibility to think creatively and adapt to and implement rapidly changing systems and services.
* Incident management experience and an ability to quickly tailor responses to deal with fast-moving situations
Apply now for a confidential chat. Nothing ventured nothing gained and this could just turn out to be the job you have always wanted