Job ID 271020
Infrastructure Engineer Role:
As an Infrastructure Analyst, you will play a key role in the delivery of high quality technical support for the business and the customer, whilst delivering exceptional customer satisfaction and a personalised service.
This position requires strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and technical skills using various diagnostic tools. In addition, strong inter-personal skills are required to guide customers through situations, providing the highest levels of resolution, support and customer satisfaction.
In this role, you will be required to
* Maximise the use of all in-house systems to be a key member of a highly customer focused and professional Service Desk function.
* Work with your colleagues on the Infrastructure Team to effectively monitor customer systems and network performance, to process alerts and manage Incidents and Service Requests. Receive escalations from other members of the Service Desk, escalate effectively to achieve the highest level of customer service.
* Communicate effectively with customers throughout the ticket life cycle, ensuring that at all times the customer is fully aware of the status of their incident or service request.
* Provide the highest level of service by meeting or exceeding contractual SLAs and KPIs and by proactively identifying process improvement opportunities within the department.
* Work from or travel to customer sites to provide extended Service Desk services to the customer beyond that provided from our office locations as required.
* Provide on call cover on a rotation basis with the rest of the team to ensure customers have escalation cover out of hours.
* On occasion you may be tasked with completing pre-defined Project activities to deliver new or updated solutions to customers. These activities may either be performed remotely or where required on-site at a customer location.
* Provide Problem Management by using all the information to hand to identify, prevent or resolve either ongoing or potential issues that would adversely affect a customer.
* Work with the Change Management team to write and implement change requests to ensure minimum impact to the customer when undertaking essential work and maintenance.
* Work with your Line Manager to maintain a level of technological competence that remains current and fit-for-purpose in your role, agreeing any training needs where appropriate.
* Ensure where possible, or highlight where not, that Acora fulfils its contractual obligations to its contracted services customers.
* Extensive experience in troubleshooting relevant, common technologies such as:
* Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS, Failover Clustering, RDS
* Virtualisation Infrastructure Management (eg Vmware, MS Hyper-V)
* Enterprise Storage (Netapp, Dell EqualLogic)
* Microsoft Exchange
* Cloud Technologies (Office 365, Azure)
* Networking (Routing, Switching, Firewalls)
* Endpoint Protection Management
In general, you can visit online without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information such as your name and e-mail address, to correspond with you and fulfil your request. Acora is fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016