Job ID 339172
Paying up to £39,000
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh prepared food market, specialising in developing private-label products for top global grocery retailers and well-known international foodservice operators.
A fantastic opportunity for an Instructional Designer has arisen to join the Group Learning and Development Team. The key purpose of this role is to be responsible for supporting the learning experience design capability for the design team, to help drive the conversation from training to learning.
This role ensures that Bakkavor’s people development is well positioned to help realise its business strategy and strive to be industry leading in learning experience design. The role will be expected to operate across a large complex cross sector organisation of c20,000 people.
* Within the role you will design (including instructional design) and develop appropriate and impactful high quality blended learning experiences and content that utilises a range of appropriate, fresh and modern modalities including (but not limited to) instructor led, on the job, virtual and digital learning interventions.
* We would expect you to be proficient in taking briefs from internal clients, questioning, and exploring their needs to get under the skin of the business or performance issue. You will have demonstrable experience of translating these needs into learning outcomes (TNA) and the ability to design and storyboard/script an appropriate solution.
* You will agree the design and development briefs with virtual teams that will include operational stakeholders, Regional Learning Managers, Learning Experience Managers, Instructional Designers, and Project Managers.
* You will need to build relationships and demonstrate your ability to influence the business – including all stakeholders and clients, both internally and externally in what good learning looks like – confidently explaining the rationale for your recommendations and the benefits they will bring the business.
* You will need to negotiate and delegate tasks with other team members and lead by example in terms of meeting deadlines. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines as well as a forensic attention to detail and ability to manage version control to facilitate a robust maintenance strategy.
Experience and behaviours
* The ideal candidate must have demonstrable industry experience in designing learning experiences and content across a wide-ranging subject area. We would like you to have an understanding of some or all of the following technologies: Articulate Rise, Storyline, Vyond, Camtasia.
* This role requires the very latest learning thinking to drive the learning team to deliver great learning experiences for our business. You will need to keep abreast of new technologies and new learning developments within the industry and constantly be striving to develop your own and the team’s abilities to deliver smart, innovative learning experiences