Job ID 339142
IP Engineer required for a growing provider of ultrafast fibre across the UK. We are looking for the IP Engineer to have the following requirements:
* Deliver high and low-level designs for the IP, transmission and fibre infrastructure as required as per guidelines from the architecture /IP management team.
* Verify resilience and objectives of designs within the LAB.
* Implement a Low-Level Design (LLD) for the IP backbone infrastructure to support a new FTTx access network working closely with the Internal delivery teams and 3rd Party Design/Build teams.
* Provide accurate and concise documentation for these designs.
* Ensure overall system security and integrity for network systems and services.
* To review products company offers to customers and propose Network developments to the Network Architects in support of commercial product development.
* Provide designs for the IP core or fibre deployments for bespoke solutions as per business requirements.
* To conduct Design Review Meetings and Workshops as required.
* Help us to recruit, interview and select your colleagues with a particular emphasis on diversity.
* Provide 3rd line support to the Operational Network team (NOC) when the service is launched.
Skills and Experience:
* Experience in the design of complex IP Networks within an ISP environment is essential.
* Proven depth and breadth of technical skills within networking including:
* IP, MPLS, IGP routing protocols (OSPF and ISIS) with an emphasis on multi-Protocol BGP solutions.
* VPLS, L2 and L3 VPN technologies.
* L2/L3 switching and associated ‘loop’ avoidance mechanisms.
* IPv6, QOS and multicast.
* DDoS, DNS and authentication solutions.
* Experience in Layered security designs.
* Interfacing IP network nodes to PON access networks and CWDM/DWDM transmission networks.
* Terraform, Python and/or Ansible experience in automating the configuration of networking technologies.
* Multi-vendor skill set from in all areas of systems and networking.
* Proven expertise in engaging with internal customers, able to articulate complex concepts in easy-to-understand solutions.
* Able to provide professional technical input and peer review of design documents.
Location: Work from home (Once a month travel to data centres in South East)
Salary: £50,000 – £75,000 per annum depending on experience
Benefits: Discretionary bonus (10%), 25 days paid annual leave, 4% pension contribution, private medical insurance, life assurance cover.
Company: Growing provider of ultrafast fibre across the UK