Job ID 306532
Digital Health & Care Wales
Digital Health and Care Wales (DHCW) is part of the NHS Wales family and has an important role in changing the way health and care services are delivered through technology and data. The organisation supports frontline staff with modern systems and access to patient information, while empowering the people of Wales to manage their own health through digital NHS Wales services.
What you’ll be doing?
Digital Health and Care Wales has a vacancy for a Senior IT Category and Contracts Manager within its central Commercial Services team. You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of Commercial Services activity, ranging from leading and delivering a range of operational and national procurements and contracts and other commercial and non-commercial agreements You will support the team in the delivery of the Healthier Wales Strategy and digital agenda to Health and Social Care and business as usual contracting activity. The key skills required for the post include the following
* Demonstrable experience in delivering complex procurement and contracting activity in a public sector organisation preferably within a digital environment.
* Ensuring that value is driven from your portfolio of work and that appropriate Commercial and Procurement models are adopted based on specific requirements/business need
* Sharing knowledge and expertise across the team in line with the department’s approach to learning and development
* Leading a portfolio of work and driving best practice and quality and continuous improvement
* Leadership, mentoring and guidance to immediate team and stakeholder teams in the effective delivery of DHCW’s business plan
* Developing Stakeholder relationships at all levels
Why join us?
* Flexible working, including options to work from home
* Automatic membership of the NHS pension scheme
* 28 days paid leave plus bank holidays – increasing based on years of NHS service
* Competitive salary increasing based on years of NHS service
* Professional development and career progressions opportunities including access to further education courses and accredited qualifications.
* Professional coaching and mentoring throughout your career.
* Your work will make a real difference to health and care services in Wales, benefiting patients in our communities