Job ID 327130
Field Service IT Hardware Break-Fix Engineer
Salary £30K pa + £4800.00 car allowance and fully expensed fuel card
The role will include being part of a mandatory out of hours rota include a £150.00 retainer (on rota) and overtime paid for all calls.
My client is one of the largest independent IT service & support companies in the UK.
A hard-working individual with a can do attitude, responsible for the completion of hardware break-fix service calls and deployments for a wide variety of customers to manufacturer recommended standards using a multiplatform of products. You’ll be part of a dedicated team of field engineers providing functional excellence and support as designated.
To ensure internal and external customers’ requirements are met to the required specification, quality and within agreed SLA’s.
• Extensive knowledge to investigate, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve a wide variety of hardware problems within agreed client SLA's.
• Assemble, configure and install all hardware platforms.
• Update service order jobs real-time
• Escalate calls when necessary, providing full status updates to internal team and client.
• Write up support calls and maintain documents and records to a professional standard.
• Attend technical training and certification programs as required.
• Support MFD devices covering all aligned printer manufacturers.
• Use change control process for installations, moves, additions and changes.
• Check and respond to emails regularly through the business day.
• Carry out any other ad hoc tasks reasonably required by management.
• Play a key role as part of an on-call out of hours rota
• Excellent communicator
• Demonstrate a proven working knowledge of printers, laptops, servers, routers and switches hardware.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting and supporting a multiplatform of technologies.
• An adaptable and flexible approach to work and travel is essential.
• Experience is supporting Storage Area Networks (SAN) highly desirable
• Experience is supporting infrastructure, specifically Cisco routing and switching highly desirable (CCNA)
• Current clean British driving licence