Job ID 250875
Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a IT Engineer on a 12 monthly ongoing contract based in Belfast.
The IT Engineer role is to provide First Line ICT support and/or professional services to both internal and external clients. This role is to complete of 5 person team working a 4 week shift pattern. All Day shifts will take place based in the Belfast office with all other shift patterns done on a remote working basis.
This Role falls Inside IR35.
SC Clearance / PSNI clearance required (must already hold or be able to obtain – failure to pass results in contract termination).
Responsibilities of the Specialist Engineer
* To provide support on projects, carrying out elements of the research, analysis and/or delivery.
* To provide operational support ensuring KPIs and SLA are achieved.
* Provides support on the delivery of specific components of a project.
* To draft reports and discuss recommendations based on research with their manager
* Occasionally provides on the job training to other team members.
* To support the development of unit policies and procedures.
* May involve liaising with internal, external and third party suppliers.
* To personally participate in and contribute to the clients wide professional community activities where applicable e.g. knowledge sharing, best practice within the company and external industry.
* To use the relevant wide professional community framework to raise their skills and those of their team to the recommended PC standards.
* Demonstrates proactively managing own development to ensure skills meet current business requirements as evidenced through successful completion of project tasks, deliverables and the ability to attain, where possible, accreditations in line with PC initiatives.
* Demonstrates understanding and ability to articulate and provide evidence of own contribution to meeting personal, business and project targets. Evidenced through KPI and SLA results.
* Demonstrates ability to decompose requirements into simple components and following analysis clearly articulate options to the relevant time, cost and quality gates.
* Provides evidence which demonstrates the individuals understanding of and adherence to Project specific quality standards, procedures and SLAs. Produces relevant documentation to support end to end deliverables where required e.g. operating model.
* Supports shared agendas to ensure deliverables are aligned from requirement to transition into operational support. Demonstrating an appreciation of commercial awareness in interactions e.g. based upon time, cost and business sensitivities.
* Provides evidence of engagement in knowledge calls for new and existing customers and services, regularly utilising Focus Groups/Forums to expand area of knowledge.
* Takes charge of own development to ensure skills meet current and emerging requirements whilst meeting project commitments. Demonstrates active participation on the accredited learning paths, AND ALL Mandatory training on time.
* Demonstrates proactive completion of regular reporting e.g. Weekly reports, project reports, CDPs, 1-2-1s, ePerformance (Self review, performance notes, PDP), Timesheets, T&S (Pre approval & claims). Individuals also demonstrate a proactive approach to keeping ALL mandatory training items up to date.
Requirements of the Specialist Engineer:
* There is an expectation that all in the Network Engineering Community should attain an Accreditation relevant to the IT industry. If you do not hold this accreditation, you should ensure your PDP has a plan showing how you are going to attain this level within an agreed and reasonable timescale. Once the necessary level has been reached, the expectation is that this level shall be retained as a minimum.
* Relevant professional experience in a complex service desk operation with extensive technical knowledge on current technologies.
* Customer champion: Delivering a brilliant experience as direct customer facing role, managing and exceeding expectations and influencing NPS/Deep Insight.
* Inspiring communicator & influencer: Delivery of key messages to customers and senior management regarding in life operational performance, risk and issues.
* Strong operational background, with excellent customer facing skills, strong stakeholder management (within customer & organisations), and self-management skills.
* The job is highly focused ensuring that the end to end service assurance elements of the Managed Service contracts are met consistently, by contributing to the operational performance of multiple managed service teams, from 1st-3rd line technical support teams, ITIL process teams and tools and technical teams, and global in-county suppliers, by ensuring all level of incidents including major incidents are managed & resolved within contractual SLA’s and is responsible for customer engagement and satisfaction throughout.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time