Job ID 196736
IT Consultant- IT Graduate Programme
We are looking for smart, ambitious and inquisitive people to join the Software Institute's IT Graduate Programme to start on 2nd August 2022
Our IT Graduate Programme equips you with 8-12 weeks of remote Industry leading training by our in-house expert trainers. During the training period you will cover consultancy skills, as well as learning all the specialist skills needed to perform for our world leading clients.
We’re working with some of the world’s most innovative organisations, both within the public & private sector. Our clients include large systems integrators, government departments, financial Industry clients & more.
This training is interactive & fun, you will get a chance to gain the necessary qualifications & certifications you need to do the role. Our training is bespoke based on client requirements, ensuring that you deploy knowing all the systems, tools and methodologies required to successfully kick start your career in the fastest growing industry in the world. This isn’t just a typical IT Graduate Programme- You will be in employment from day 1 of training with us.
For this role you are required to be geographically flexible across the UK. In other words willing to relocate anywhere in the country. We are also seeking candidates who are open to specializing in any technology. As you will be trained up in a tech stack which is based upon client demand.
Although this role is advertised in this specific location, you are required to be geographically flexible across the United Kingdom for your first client.
Who are we?
The Software Institute was founded to bridge the digital skills gap between University education and the global software industry.
We focus not only on software products but on the application of software in the business and consumer world. At the Software Institute you get real world experience and gain industry recognised certifications putting you ahead of University graduates when it comes to getting the more desirable and better paid jobs.
The Diploma from the Software Institute sets you apart from the masses. As digital transformation, cloud adoption and the emergence of new technologies is accelerating, the digital skills gap is growing and becoming even more of an issue for industry. Our mission is to serve the world's technology needs by providing training and accreditation to equip individuals with advance knowledge and technical skills.
No matter your academic background, you could thrive in this role if you are someone who:
* Enjoys problem-solving and creating solutions
* Takes initiative
* Can learn new concepts quickly
* Can work well in a team and independently
* Has excellent attention to detail
* Enjoys working in a process-driven way
* Is willing to speak up and offer ideas for change
* Is able to build rapport with a diverse range of people
Salary and benefits
* Fully-sponsored and paid training at the Software Institute
* Starting salary of £18,000 during training, and rising to £25,000 on your first client placement or 28,000 if deployed in London
* 22 days’ holiday plus eight bank holidays with an extra day added for each year you work with us
* Pension contributions
* Support and personal development planning to help you maximise your career progression
* Ongoing training to achieve new professional certifications
What we are looking for
All backgrounds welcome. We’re looking for individuals with a strong passion and aptitude for technology.
Accepted degree subjects – Any, as long as you have exposure to either Python, C++, C# or Java & 2.1 or above in your degree.