Job ID 200598
We are currently recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Alert & Event Manager on a permanent basis for a Global Defence & National Security organisation that works on cutting edge meaningful projects that help shape the UKs infrastructure.
Based in Portsmouth, Hampshire, the candidate will work on site 5 days a week supporting customer deployable systems through system development and event management.
Responsibilities of the IT Infrastructure Alert & Event Manager will include:
• Raising and responding to alerts, events and incidents and directing these to the relevant teams
• Configuring relevant systems with respect to events and alerts
• Identifying appropriate monitoring thresholds for alerts and events
• Constructing and managing event management dashboards
• Identifying circumstances in where alerts are required and configuring alerts to meet the requirements of event management service stakeholders
• Raising and making available event records and reports on a monthly basis
Skills and experience in technologies required:
• BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Manager, BMC Discovery
• Riverved AppResponse Expert (ARx), Net IM and Portal
• WINTEL Event monitoring
• Network Event monitoring
• Knowledge of SNMPv3, MIBs and OIDs
• Network Traffic Analysis
• The ability to work as part of a team as well as working independently
• Whatsup Gold
• System Centre Operation Manager (SCOM)
• Solarwinds (SAM, NTA, NPM, VMAN)
Due to the nature of the role, there is a requirement for candidates to hold active SC clearance however active DV clearance would be preferable.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company, please contact Kaia Annis on (phone number removed) or (url removed)