Job ID 337816
As IT Design and Transition Manager for this Software business, you will be involved in the deployment and support of advanced, highly available infrastructures to ensure service availability and successful delivery of solutions.
You will require an advanced technical skill set within enterprise infrastructure deployments such as Linux, MySQL, Clustering, Networks, virtualisation, storage, and Windows server operating systems backed by an understanding of security principles.
This is a management role and will require you to manage a technical team and running technical projects. This will mean you will need to be able to demonstrate the application of technical knowledge into high level business proposals.
You will need to demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding, but critically able to communicate effectively to drive improvements and change. Understand how to convert a technical proposition into a business proposal and understand cost, design and implementation.
You will work closely with internal Tech Leads who own the end to end responsibility for the support, design and running of their product platform. Your role is to create joined up approach, ensure the Datacentre and Public cloud platforms are designed and built with big picture vision, centralised controls, and design principles.
Your key responsibilities
* Support Lifecycle Management Programme ensuring robust service design, seamless transition, and operational readiness of technology services.
* Provide training and mentorship to your team
* Management and governance of large scale technical projects
* Ensuring Central Datacentre responsibilities are owned and accountable within your team
* Responsible for centralising change requirements within the system architecture and technology roadmap
* Provide leadership and inspire a highly technical & experienced team
* Protect integrity of environments to ensure maximum stability, availability and security
* Aid the implementation of ITIL alignment across the team and business
* Leading the delivery of infrastructure projects
* Provide monthly reporting against your team's KPIs and Projects to the Head of Department
* Initiate proactive, innovative care and solutions for escalated issues
Key skills and experience being sought include:
* Familiarity of Linux and MySQL clustering
* Experience with the support and deployment of VMware enterprise solutions
* Knowledge of Tomcat and Apache configuration
* Experience of Storage Area Networks
* Understanding of load balancing technologies
* Exposure to replicated enterprise storage solutions
* Understanding of network design and communication protocols within LAN/WAN/VLAN environments (Cisco, HP etc)
* Experience with IaC approaches and use of Terraform, Ansible
* Familiarity running Container such as Kubernetes, dockers both in public and Private cloud
* Familiarity of Citrix managed desktop and published application environments