Job ID 317706
IT Infrastructure Engineer – Cork, Site Based
Zenith Technologies, now a Cognizant Company is a world leader in delivering digital transformation solutions to Life Sciences. Through our knowledge and expertise in Automation, MES & Digital, we deliver stable manufacturing systems that are optimised to improve operational efficiencies, whilst maintaining compliance. Our specialist engineering teams have the aptitude to deliver and support Pharma 4.0 architectures and solutions covering all IT, OT and IoT applications, infrastructures and services.
About the role:
Our Managed Service Business Unit wishes to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer to join its team of IT Engineers (Validation, Infrastructure and MES) on a customer site in Cork. The successful candidate will have solid IT infrastructure fundamentals and experience in deploying technical solutions. S/He will be responsible for managing specific IT infrastructure, with a strong focus on server and workstation platforms.
The position will work within a team that provides support to IT, Lab and Automation business areas. Candidates will be required to have excellent communication/interpersonal skills with the ability to work on their own initiative.
Experience of working in a pharmaceutical API manufacturing operation is desirable.
* Working as part of the infrastructure services team to support, manage and maintain site IT servers & workstations.
* Plan and coordinate the day-to-day work activities of the infrastructure team, lead weekly standup meetings
* Coach and mentor members of the infrastructure team
* Local site contact for global infrastructure teams in areas of project delivery, outage coordination, issue resolution and site-specific infrastructure queries.
* Provide regular status reports and escalation of major issues to the relevant business areas and management
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of all infrastructure components such as Windows & Linux server platforms, VMWare, EMC Storage solutions, etc.
* Responsible for ongoing hardware & software life cycle management activities including upgrading and retirement of GxP workstations & servers.
* Maintain excellent level of support/outage coordination to minimize production related Infrastructure issues
* Provide support for the technical requirements of the business.
* Provide support of sharepoint and IT applications to IT SMEs
* Ensure ongoing compliance with company Quality Standards and Practices when producing and maintaining all relevant infrastructure validation documentation.
* Promoting use of system functionality and new technologies to improve work processes.
* Good working knowledge of the following platforms; Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/10 & Linux
* Good understanding of Antivirus and Patching technologies
* Good knowledge of ISA S95 standard
* Good understanding of data integrity, 21 CFR Part 11 and GAMP requirements
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Strong self-management with ability to take initiative to identify and drive improvements
* Effective communicator who can communicate and build relationships cross-functionally
About Cognizant – Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world