Job ID 314044
Rydon have an exciting opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Specialist to join our highly regarded IT team. Our IT team supports numerous office locations for our four operating companies and this role is based at our head office in Forest Row (East Sussex). A vibrant village on the edge of the Ashdown Forest where you’ll find quirky shops and wonderful places to eat. We do also operate a ‘hybrid working’ culture, and this means that some home working is also possible.
The Rydon group operates throughout England, predominantly in London and the southern counties. Rydon has established a strong reputation for the quality within our new-build and maintenance sectors, creating and improving communities for the benefit of current and future generations. For over 40 years, we've recruited talented and innovative people to build and maintain homes, schools, hospitals, student accommodation and more. We combine a personal touch with outstanding technical expertise to deliver award-winning, quality facilities for local communities with a commitment from people who are passionate about what they do.
Why choose us?
Rydon is known for its friendly and welcoming culture, so team work and collaboration is key. With around 500 employees we’re large enough to provide interesting projects but small enough to know our people as individuals.
As part of the role you will be required to provide an excellent level of 2nd line technical support to all aspects of our business. You will use your expertise and experience to pro-actively support, manage and monitor technologies. You will be providing technical escalation paths, expertise and guidance to the IT Service Desk Team and the wider business. You will work closely with colleagues at all levels within the business, as well as third-party vendors and suppliers whilst complying with business standard processes and procedures.
Some key responsibilities include:
* Logically, efficiently and accurately resolve problems and take appropriate action to ensure ongoing optimal performance of the IT Infrastructure.
* Resolve a varied range of IT support calls within agreed timescales.
* Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of desktops/laptops, telephony equipment, software, mobile devices, and peripheral devices.
* Create user accounts and grant active directory permissions in line with the Internet, Email and System Use policies.
* Provisioning, maintaining and decommissioning IT services to remote sites, including gathering requirements, procuring services and co-ordinating deployment and changes with both IT colleagues, internal business stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers.
* Perform proactive monitoring and maintenance of Cloud and Platform infrastructure as directed.
* Involvement and responsibility to contribute in multiple complex IT projects
* Liaise with other team members, employees, third party suppliers and support organisations as necessary.
You will also have the opportunity to be involved in major IT projects and the ongoing support of new platforms for the business, which includes cloud migration and deployment of SharePoint across the business.
This is a superb opportunity for the successful candidate to join a dynamic team within our established business.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of basic network troubleshooting and have a good knowledge of Windows Desktop Technology to include Windows 7 & 10 and Office 365 (including SharePoint and OneDrive). The preferred candidate will have knowledge of Android/iOS devices, and MDM platforms and be able to manage them effectively (InTune/Wandera for example). You will also have experience of Windows Server (Apply online only), Active Directory, Configuration Management Technologies (ie. KACE) and IP Telephony. Ideally the preferred candidate will hold ITIL Foundation Level however this is not essential.
Above all, the preferred candidate will have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to identify and prioritise tasks accordingly. They should be keen to work as part of a team, have excellent communication skills and be looking for a career with extensive opportunity for personal development.
If you have the above skills and experience, we'd strongly encourage you to apply.
As a well established, progressive company we are committed to attracting and retaining individuals by offering an excellent benefits package that includes a wide range of core and voluntary benefits.
Rydon is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity in employment. Successful candidates will be selected solely on their ability to carry out the duties of the post.
To apply online, please use the 'apply for this job link' at the top of this page to be redirected to our dedicated careers page to complete your application