Job ID 341073
Are you an experienced IT professional with excellent customer service skills and a passion for providing high-quality IT support? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as an IT Manager.
Empowering Learning Group is a leading provider of education and training services, and we are looking for an IT Manager to join our Group IT Support Team. You will be responsible for providing dedicated service desk support to all companies within the group, ensuring that support and service delivery processes are in place to meet business needs.
As the escalation point for all IT support queries, you will lead a small team of 1st / 2nd Line Service Desk Support Technicians to maintain and monitor IT systems including remote working solutions. The role holder will be responsible for daily management of the 1st / 2nd Line Service Desk technicians providing mentoring and supporting their technical development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Act as the key technical escalation point
* Process and resolve all helpdesk tickets (incidents, requests and problems) taking ownership of ticket escalations and overflow of first line tickets
* Manage a team of IT Support technicians providing mentoring and training
* Ensure escalations to IT Management have been checked and fully investigated
* Power BI report design and management of data sets
* Complete weekly audits and checks on office 365 tenants
* Printer support and printer management
* Update firmware on all network devices
* User administration within various environments
* Create, manage and evolve Policies, Processes and Procedures
* Prioritising and managing workload effectively, managing several open Incidents/Problems and mini projects simultaneously
* Systems & Performance monitoring
* Reporting on and improving Service Desks KPI’s and performance
* Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with the business and suppliers
* Review of services, application delivery, patching and Anti-Virus
* Ensure appropriate standards and procedures are adhered to during the development process to support a quality deliverable
* Desktop Laptop Builds
* Occasional travel to other UK office locations may be required
The post-holder will be based at the London Office, but occasional travel to other locations may be required. Due to the nature of the post, flexibility will be required in terms of working hours.
The ideal candidate will have an extremely high level of Customer Service experience and preferably be Microsoft certified and have spent a minimum of 3-5 years specialising in supporting Windows devices and Infrastructure; as well as all the expected qualities of an experienced Support Helpdesk engineer