Job ID 339735
Purpose of the role: To support the implementation of key ICT system developments within the org, ensuring corporate standards are maintained and key milestones are achieved in line with agreed business deliverables. Working with the ICT and Project Manager and the outsourced Managed Service Provider to support the business to deliver key ICT business systems and service improvements.
About: The ICT & Change function is defined as having several key operational functions within the Operational executive. The ICT & Change function is responsible for providing ICT service provision, procurement services, programme and project management delivery, property services, and operational resilience services. The ICT function is responsible for the management of the ICT Managed Service contract including user support, system development and delivery, corporate ICT infrastructure, information management, ICT training and information security. The procurement function provides oversight of the procurement lifecycle by supporting contract managers to deliver effective external contracted services. The programme office and project management function provide effective management of project delivery, ensuring agreed methodologies and governance are applied to projects, business analysis provision, and project delivery disciplines are adhered to throughout the project lifecycle. Operational resilience ensures the business has effective and robust controls and provision in place to manage its business resilience including disaster recovery, business continuity, cyber security, information security and the management of ICT material outsourcing. Reports to: Head of ICT & Change Level:
Role Specific Accountabilities:
Support the operational evaluation and delivery of key business systems and ICT service improvements.
* Work with business leads to ensure that project design specifications are technically compliant and meet corporate ICT strategic principles
* Ensure effective testing of new ICT solutions are robust and comply with org Project methodology and governance procedures.
* Support the ICT and Project Manager to ensure effective and timely functional MI reporting is delivered.
* Work with Project Managers to develop effective project test strategies to ensure end to end system testing is delivered to project specifications and plans.
* Support the ICT and Project Manager to ensure that effective and compliant ICT Security & Governance are in place, and operational quality controls are adhered to across the organisation.
* Monitor scheduled compliance audits and the analysis of audit controls and preparation of compliance evidence.
* Deliver IT user training as required, including the development of training guides and liaison with MSP to embed in org ICT User Guide library
* Identify risks in own area of responsibility, recognise risks in all areas of the business and notify any such risks to your People Manager and the Business Assurance Manager Skills, Knowledge and Experience Skills and Knowledge
* Output based problem solver • Knowledge of Project Management methodologies
* Effective IT skills required for the job role
* Experience Essential • Previous experience of ICT system project implementations, preferably within an outsourced environment
* Technical experience of working within the ICT sector • Project experience within a multi-functional team environment with evidence of end to end delivery of project milestones.
* High levels of integrity and trustworthiness
* Preparation of project test documentation as defined by project scope, supporting the PM as required.
* Evidence of further development and training in ICT and/or a project management discipline.
• Degree in relevant discipline • Project management discipline, e.g. Waterfall and/or Agile
* Collegiate • Customer • Transparent • Sustainable