Job ID 252455
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Plymouth, UK or Dunfermline, UK or Hamilton, UK or Warrington, UK or Leicester, UK or Bristol, UK or Portsmouth, UK (Hybrid working, minimal office requirements)
Compensation: £45,000 – £55,000 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF44318
Let's meet goals together
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a IT Project Manager.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS)
The IT Project Manager role is based within our Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) business unit
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers
The difference our new IT Project Manager will make
As a IT Project Manager you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will join a motivated team of Project and Programme Managers where you will concurrently manage and deliver multiple application and infrastructure-based projects across HR, Payroll, Finance and ERP.
Day to day, you'll ensure all projects are delivered to time, cost & quality while tracking and recording any deviations. Assemble project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately. And track key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resourcing to meet the needs of customers.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role offers a high level of flexibility, working predominately from home, visiting your closest Babcock hub once every few months.
* Experienced IT professional, focussed on being a part of a cost effective and efficient programme management team.
* Minimum of three years' demonstrable Project management experience.
* Applications Project Management essential.
* Infrastructure Project Management preferred
* Microsoft Project experience essential (and Project Server preferred).
* PRINCE/APM or equivalent certification.
* Experience of managing 4/5 projects simultaneously.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Pension members – death in service 4 times base salary
* Paternity – 2 full weeks pay
* Maternity & Adoption leave – 20 weeks full pay – 13 weeks SMP
* CSP – Up to 5 years service – 26 weeks full pay, 5 to 10 years service – 39 weeks full pay, 10 years plus – 52 weeks full pay
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview