Job ID 339062
Role: IT Security and Infrastructure Analyst
Location: Newbury, Berkshire (hybrid working available after probation)
Hours: 35 hrs a week, Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, plus 1 in 4 Saturdays 8:30am – 12:30pm.
Starting Salary: £38,000
Every employer is not the same and who you work for and what that environment looks like is the difference between any job and a great job.
Newbury Building Society is different, here are just a few of the reasons why:
* The business is ‘mutual’, owned by the customers who choose to entrust it to look after their savings and borrowing needs
* Financially successful, with progressive plans set to support growth and sustainability, whilst maintaining a warm and traditional feel
* People are at the heart of everything, ensuring a consistently first-class experience for customers and colleagues
* There is a strong values based culture and social purpose, demonstrated through support for charitable, community and environmentally-friendly local causes
* People development, whatever the role, is a high priority, with opportunities to stretch within or beyond the role
* An industry leader, being awarded a distinction level ‘ServiceMark’ accreditation from the Institute of Customer Service, and ‘Best Specialist Mortgage Provider’ (for the third year in a row) at the British Banking Awards in 2022.
Are you naturally curious and enjoy the challenge of problem solving? If you are a strong communicator with a passion for customer service? Then this could be the ideal opportunity for you to join our busy IT team and work together to provide a first class, professional service where external and internal customers are at the heart of all you do.
The IT Security & Infrastructure Analyst role provides support for our on-premises and external technical infrastructure.
Within this role you will identify problems and develop plans to protect us from threats such as unauthorised access, data theft or file damage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your IT career and broaden your existing IT knowledge and experience – we’ll provide you with a comprehensive training programme to enable you to get up to speed with our systems and processes.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex information clearly and effectively
* Good working knowledge of managing hosted and on-premises services and infrastructure, including network, perimeter security, hosting architecture and cloud services.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and assess risks, threats, patterns, and trends
* Highly organised, with the ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
* An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
* Knowledge of IT and cyber security principles and best practice
* Good working knowledge of LAN/WAN/Wireless network design and operation
* Experience as a Security Analyst within a multi-site environment
* Cyber Security qualification
* Experience of Azure and AWS
* Microsoft Certified Professional: Windows Server/Microsoft 365/Security