Job ID 335896
IT Senior Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Poole and Bournemouth
Candidates would be expected to travel to both sites when required
Parking: Parking Permits available
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of booking: Expected to last up to 4 months and maybe longer
Proposed start date: ASAP
Base: Hospital based
£12.50-£15.50 paye per hour
£13.50-£16.50 paye inclusive of holiday pay per hour
£14.50-£17.50 umbrella per hour
Depending on skill and experience
Working Days and Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours, 9am-5pm
Remote working option: No Specified
Travelling for work purposes: Travel to Poole and Bournemouth as mentioned above
To contribute to the Trust’s service to patients by:
Ensuring staff are able to use the IT equipment available to them to facilitate and record patient care;
Minimise disruption to staff due to IT equipment or software failures by providing an efficient and effective support service.
Contributing towards the effectiveness of the Desktop Support Team working practices
To provide a second-line remedial or support service to all IT users within the Trust;
* Performing all aspects of desktop support administration;
* Assisting with IT technical input to issues involving other organisations;
* Providing input into strategic planning for IT Desktop Services
* Assisting with project management for identified IT-related changes and implementations involving desktop services;
* To ensure requests are actioned promptly and efficiently;
* To communicate with the IT users to understand or explain the nature of the problem and timescales for the resolution;
* To establish good relationships between IT and users of IT equipment throughout the Trust;
* To provide ad-hoc end user coaching and training
* To maintain records of work carried out using software employed by the IT department;
* To support all other members of the IT Team
The post holder is required to help provide practical assistance and/or advice where appropriate to other members of the IT Department to contribute to the smooth running of the IT Department including contributing to the Departmental on-call effort as required
To provide support to end users of IT equipment and peripherals connected to the hospital network. Responsibilities include:
* Installation and repairs of IT equipment and software.
* Configure IT equipment onto the hospital network, troubleshoot network issues.
* Respond to requests for assistance via the IT Service Desk when users report problems, and report back on progress and resolution.
* Provide advice where possible to enable users to resolve their own problems.
* Call on assistance from other members of the IT Operations teams or external suppliers as appropriate.
* Assist in the training of new users and the set-up of data backup and security procedures.
* Maintain a database of Trust owned IT equipment recording installations of new equipment and any movement of equipment within the Trust.
* Maintain an inventory of all IT equipment from the point of receipt into the Trust.
* Install required software packages, apps and virus checking software prior to installation of equipment and handover to users.
* Required to interact directly with the other IT operational teams . Technical guidance comes primarily from the Senior IT Support Technician and also from line management, peers and suppliers. Management and administrative input comes from line management.
* Required to interact directly with anyone who uses, or wishes to use, services provided by the Trust’s IT department in order that their enquiries or IT-related difficulties are dealt with effectively.
* May require the need to use diplomacy or persuasive skills when dealing with dealing with numerous users simultaneously to ensure issues are resolved in correct order of priority.
* You will need to communicate complex IT related information in an easily understand manner for staff less knowledgeable with IT systems, technology or language.
* Required to liaise with suppliers to resolve technical issues or gain information when appropriate.
* Required to represent the IT department at all times in a professional and diplomatic manner and to establish good relationships between the IT department and users throughout the hospital.
* The post holder is required to provide end users with ad-hoc coaching to enable them to be able to use their IT equipment such as PCs, printers, scanners and tablets, and related services that IT provide such as email, Microsoft Office tools, remote access, etc.
* The post holder is required to support all other members of the IT teams and provide practical assistance, advice and training where appropriate to other members of the IT department to contribute to the smooth running of the department.
* The post holder is required to assist with service delivery and technical issues in support of departmental line management to help with the daily running of the IT department.
* To respond to IT based hardware and software related requests as assigned by the IT Service Desk Analysts. This would include all Trust requests for assistance with IT-related issues that are co-ordinated by IT Service Desk team who in turn then assign the work generated by these calls to the Technicians who are required to respond directly to the call originators.
* Technicians are required to analyse situations/information to identify and resolve a range of problems, including hardware issues, software/application problems, network issues, data errors, etc. Finding a resolution may involve a range of facts and situations with a number of possible solution options which requires analysis