Job ID 329201
IT Service Designer
A FTSE 250 Financial Corporation that is currently undergoing a huge modernisation programme within technology is currently hiring an IT Service Design Manager to ensure that new or upgraded services, systems and infrastructure receive a comprehensive Service Design incorporating processes, support structure, reporting and service capabilities.
Working within the Service Design Team within IT Service Management, the Service Design Manager will help to deliver, as well as to mature and shape a Service Design approach for systems, services and infrastructure being introduced via the firm's Change Management team.
The Service Design Analyst will also be involved in defining and developing the service standards, maturing the Service Design processes aligned with best practice, and helping to establish Service Design as a discipline within our client.
The ideal applicant will have experience with ITILv4, exposure to the financial services industry and an awareness of a multi-disciplined IT environment. This permanent role pays up to be based in Chatham/Wolverhampton + Excellent Benefits.
• Manage Service Design activities for the assigned portfolio end-to-end, completing all required plans, procedures, reporting and governance. Assist with Service Design activities on other portfolios as required by the Service Design Manager.
• Work with Project Managers to agree the scope of new Service Design tasks, offering support and guidance throughout the process to ensure that all requisite tasks are completed by the Change Management team.
• Contribute to Go and No Go decisions for projects, based upon the successful completion of all required Service Design activities, at all stages of the Service Value Chain, keeping the Service Design Manager apprised of any issues or concerns and the final recommendation.
• Ensure that support models are agreed for all new IT services, including close liaison with any third-parties, the IT Service Desk, End User Support team, Infrastructure team, Network Services team, Database Applications team and Application Support team, documenting and agreeing the RACI for all activities associated with business-as-usual support.
• Complete all required reporting for your Service Design activities, including completion and demonstrable evidence of the criteria checklist, Smart Pack', Service Management Acceptance documentation, Service Design & Transition templates and the Service Operations Manual.
• Knowledge of Service Design methodologies is essential.
• Experience of Service Level Management is essential, including the ability to author Service Level and Operational Level Agreements.
• Experience of reviewing and managing third-party vendors and underpinning contracts
• Experience in Service Design reviews against complex IT environments is essential.
• Experience of IT Service Management in an ITIL v3 or v4 environment is critically essential
• Knowledge of Project Management frameworks
• Basic working knowledge of contracts would be desirable but is not essential
• Basic knowledge of ServiceNow is desirable
Salary & Benefits:
£50,000 to £60,000 / 15% Bonus / Work from home options / Flexible working / 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays / Medical Cover / Life Cover / Pension / Flexible Benefits
IT Service Design Manager