Job ID 339251
Are you able to juggle many different responsibilities at once while still maintaining focus on the big picture?
Our Solus IT Service Desk Manager requires strong leadership skills and an ability to manage multiple competing demands. You are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of their organisation’s service desk, which includes managing and training staff, developing and enforcing policies and procedures, and ensuring customer satisfaction in our ever growing business.
* Leadership of helpdesk technicians and IT administrators.
* Ensure appropriate escalation paths are in place.
* Ensure the IT helpdesk calls are answered within SLA’s. Ensure all incidents, requests and problems from any means of communication are logged into the IT helpdesk system.
* Provide assistance to the Head of Technology.
* Facilitate helpdesk team to meet its goals of training and upskill through strong leadership.
* Manage day to day spend and licensing of IT Products and services.
* Ensure all support tickets are logged and managed in the most efficient way. Where tickets are stale liaise with ticket owner to remove blockages.
* Produce a monthly IT helpdesk KPI pack. Identify trends and liaise with problem and change team to perform root cause analysis on repeating issues.
* Provide support to teams working 24/7.
* Provide training of helpdesk staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques. Assist with training on new hardware/software applications implemented as requested.
* Ensure all tickets/problems/changes/calls into the IT Helpdesk are dealt with within the set SLA’s documented on the IT helpdesk.
* Support and assist all IT team members allowing the team to achieving its goals and SLA’s.
* Ensuring you are aware of and up to date with the latest tickets/problems/changes being worked on by the department.
* Ensure Solus’ data security and business security are constantly challenged and reviewed on each and every decisions/ticket/change. Where necessary escalate to the IT Manager.
* Assist in the creation and updating of support documentation for new or updated processes/changes, these are to be used by the IT team.
* Create solutions on the online helpdesk that can be used by Solus staff & IT staff to assist with the knowledge of common issues/fixes.
* Participate in projects and key process improvement initiatives for all IT environments throughout the organization where required.
* Ensure your team performs regular upkeep of the IT asset register, ensuring all assets are updated as and when they are moved around between sites/departments/clients.
* Manage relationships with key suppliers to provide best service possible.
* Travel to and from Solus sites and Aviva offices as and when the business demands.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
Experience in an ITIL based helpdesk management desireable.
ITIL4 or other industry qualifications strongly desired.
Experience with IPVPN, Firewalls, VPN, VoIP, WAPs, switches and Office 365 is preferred.
Knowledge of Citrix VDI beneficial.
Experience of leading within a growing business migrating services to suit increased headcounts.
Great at building relationships with suppliers and existing teams.
A champion of Microsoft products and services.
Who are Solus and what can they do for you?
Solus is one of the largest body repair groups in the country, employing over 900 expert people across 25 UK locations and have repaired over 700,000 vehicles in the last 15 years.
Up to 20% per annum in additional bonus
Group income protection with access to a GP and medical advice 24 hours per day for yourself and your family
Our excellent benefits and rewards packages
Employer matched pension contributions up to 7.5% (service dependent)
Discounts on Aviva products and services
Savings and benefits schemes
Discounts and schemes for electric vehicle purchase for all employees
Holding several main manufacturer approvals – Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Mini, and Volkswagen
Well known for prestigious award winning in the industry, customer service, apprenticeships, and IT systems fields
Links with Thatcham to get the best products and training here in the UK
We have a variety of locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job