Job ID 198063
IT Service Desk – Team Leader
My client operates a busy IT Service Desk / Technical Support Team and is looking for new team leader to steer the team of SDAs and work closely with the Service Desk Manager to develop the role.
This is a busy team going through a really positive period of change and the role requires an experienced service desk professional, with proven leadership skills, who is organised and proactive to support this change, be there for the team and ensure that service levels are met/exceeded.
This customer facing role calls for excellent interpersonal skills, solid business awareness, a great set of analytical and problem solving skills and, of course, a superb team player who believes that the service desk is at its best when it works together, in an environment of mutual support and progression.
* Manage Service Delivery Technicians (Desk) staff and monitor their performance
* Manage the staff rota, allowing for annual leave and absence
* Conduct staff supervisions and appraisals
* Assist the team in achieving the targets set for the department
* Play an active role in Incident and Problem Management
* Using initiative to resolve incidents and monitor and track all incidents, assigning the correct priority and escalating when required
* Offer guidance and advice to internal customers
* Maintain relationships with interfacing business functions and other IT functions
* Active Directory management/administration/maintenance
* IT Service Management System knowledge/experience
* ITIL experience
* Core understanding of Microsoft desktop operating systems and associated applications to deal with 1st line user queries/resolutions
* Experience of server management and administration
* Basic Cisco awareness
* Experience of remote fixes, via DameWare, RDP or other terminal services
* Ability to create of access/folder permissions
* Anti-virus/backup/window update checks/reporting
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team of excellent people. The role is based in Thurrock, Grays, Essex and is a hybrid role with a mixture of working from home and onsite.
To accelerate your service desk career, please contact us now to hear more about this excellent opportunity, or send your CV for review.
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our specialist team and it does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing/SDI Service Desk Resourcing is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships