Job ID 271391
Role: IT Support Engineer
Location: Castle Donington (Hybrid working)
2fawcett are recruiting for an IT Support Engineer to join a leading manufacturing business in Castle Donington. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing IT support to all users in an efficient and effective manner.
Role & Responsibilities of the IT Support Engineer
* Provide support to end users for both IT hardware and software related issues.
* Deal with all user requests/issues in a timely and effective manner e.g., hardware & software issues, connectivity problems, technical queries etc
* Communicate outcomes effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Support users by phone, email, and face to face.
* Liaise with suppliers and contractors and ensure a good working relationship.
* Support, manage and maintain the companies IT infrastructure (servers and networking equipment).
* Manage the companies IT hardware through its full life cycle (purchase, deploy, maintain, retire, dispose).
* Travel to remote sites within the UK when necessary to provide IT support.
* Liaise with third parties to provide or receive support on IT related issues.
* Perform basic IT project management tasks.
* Train users on computer hardware/software and other electronic office equipment.
* Attend and participate in professional group meetings; keep up to date with new trends and innovations in the field of information systems; research products and enhancements.
* Support other members of the team/sub-contractors as and when required.
* Continuously seek to find ways to improve the companies IT systems and procedures.
* Comply with all Health and Safety Procedures. Ensure Health and Safety policy and procedures are adhered to by all.
* Any other duties relevant to the grade of post as may be designated by the Company.
Requirements of the IT Support Engineer
* Experience supporting and managing Windows desktop & server operating systems (Windows 7/10/2012 onwards), Microsoft Office, printers, Android & iOS devices.
* Basic networking knowledge and experience installing and managing network equipment.
* Strong problem-solving skills as well as the ability to organise and prioritise tasks and quickly adapt to new situations and requirements.
* 3-4 years' experience in a similar role.
* Full UK driver's license.
What will you get in return
– A fantastic team
– A competitive salary
– Progression Plans
Monday – Friday Full Time (Hybrid)