Job ID 335894
IT Support Technician
Location: Poole and Bournemouth
Candidates would be expected to travel to both sites when required
Parking: Parking Permits available
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of booking: Expected to last up to 16 weeks’
Proposed start date: ASAP
Base: Healthcare based
£11.00 – £12.00 paye per hour
£12.00 – £13.00 paye inclusive of holiday pay per hour
£13.00 – £14.00 umbrella per hour
All of the rates are depending on skill and experience
Working Days and Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours, 9am-5pm
Remote working option: No Specified
Travelling for work purposes: Travel to Poole and Bournemouth as mentioned above
To contribute to the Trust’s service to patients by:
* Ensuring staff are able to use the IT equipment available to them to facilitate and record patient care;
* Minimise disruption to staff due to IT equipment failures by providing an efficient and effective support service.
* To provide a second-line remedial or support service to all IT users within the Trust;
* To ensure requests are answered promptly and efficiently;
* To communicate with the user to understand or explain the nature of the problem and timescales;
* To establish good relationships between IT and users of IT equipment throughout the Trust;
* To provide ad-hoc end user coaching;
* To maintain records of work carried out using software employed by the IT department.;
* To support all other members of the IT Team;
* The post holder is required to help provide ad-hoc practical assistance and/or advice where appropriate to other members of the IT Department to contribute to the smooth running of the IT Department including contributing to the Departmental on-call effort as required;
* The post holder is required to contribute to the provision of daily office cover for a wide range of IT hardware and software incidents or requests;
To provide support to end users of IT equipment and peripherals connected to the hospital network. Responsibilities include:
* Installation and repairs of IT equipment and software.
* Configure IT equipment onto the hospital network, troubleshoot minor network issues.
* Respond to requests for assistance via the IT Service Desk when users report problems, and report back on progress and resolution.
* Provide advice where possible to enable users to resolve their own problems.
* Call on assistance from other members of the IT Operations teams or external suppliers as appropriate.
* Assist in the training of new users and the set-up of data backup and security procedures.
* Maintain a database of Trust owned IT equipment recording installations of new equipment and any movement of equipment within the Trust.
* Maintain an inventory of all IT equipment from the point of receipt into the Trust.
* The post holder is required to interact directly with the IT Service Desk team who allocate jobs and tasks. Technical guidance comes primarily from the Senior IT Support Technician and also from line management, peers and suppliers. Management and administrative input comes from line management.
* The post holder is required to interact directly with anyone who uses, or wishes to use, services provided by the Trust’s IT department in order that their enquiries or IT-related difficulties are dealt with effectively.
* The post holder may require the need to use diplomacy or persuasive skills when dealing with dealing with numerous users simultaneously to ensure issues are resolved in correct order of priority.
* The post holder will need to communicate complex IT related information in an easily understand manner for staff less knowledgeable with IT systems, technology or language.
* The post holder is required to liaise with suppliers to resolve technical issues or gain information when appropriate.
* The post holder is required to represent the IT department at all times in a professional and diplomatic manner and to establish good relationships between the IT department and users throughout the hospital.
* The post holder is required to provide end users with ad-hoc coaching to enable them to be able to use their IT equipment such as PCs, printers, scanners and tablets, and related services that IT provide such as email, Microsoft Office tools, remote access, etc.
* The post holder is required to support all other members of the IT teams and provide practical assistance, advice and training where appropriate to other members of the IT department to contribute to the smooth running of the department.
* The post holder is required to assist with service delivery and technical issues in support of departmental line management to help with the daily running of the IT department