Job ID 323544
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Reporting to the IT Lead you will provide 1st / 2nd line support to all IT users and supporting the IT leadership with projects/issues across all group companies. Investigate & propose improvements to the business infrastructure.
Being the first point of contact for all IT users, IT support technician will come on board to provide a polite, professional service for all IT users.
This role would fit a person with great interpersonal skills to be able to bridge the gap between users and other members of the IT department. A self-starter who can deliver solutions based on business requirements with the ability to handle several activities at the same time.
Your day to day
* Provide 1st and 2nd line remote and desk side support to all users
* Escalation of IT tickets
* Set up new users, ensuring the correct provision of IT equipment is made available
* Ensure all user and computer accounts are current and unused accounts are administered correctly.
* Escalate user complaints to the appropriate channels.
* Coordinate the end user device replacement activities scheduling down time for end users
* Prepare documentation for technical use such as schematics, risk matrix, replacement plans
* Prepare user documentation such as IT bulletins, user guides and hints and tips.
* IT ticket resolution in line with departmental targets
Hardware: Dell (end user devices)/ HP/ Konica Minolta / HP/ Apple
Networking technologies: WIFI/ VPN (Client)/ DHCP/ DNS & (SAN WAN LAN is desirable)
Windows Technologies: Windows Desktop/ Windows Server/ Active Directory/ WSUS/ Office 365
IT Practices: ITIL
ERP Systems: Sage 200
Database Technologies: MS SQL Server
Generic: Operational IT (manufacturing) Document Management
If you would like to join an award winning organisation as their new IT support technician and become an ambassador for the both the IT department and the group, apply today to secure an interview