Job ID 208815
Role – IT Support Technician
Location – Buckingham
Salary – £20,000 to £25,000 + Excellent Benefits + Free Parking
Our client is looking for a local Support technician and must have a driving licence due to the location and that there is no local transportation. All candidates good understanding of current ICT systems Troubleshooting ICT issues College/ Uni leaver or someone starting off in the IT field.
You will be involved with the daily maintenance of ICT systems across our network and is a wide-ranging role giving you a chance to learn about new and existing technologies while you provide assistance to staff within the company. Our client is a Microsoft site with Cisco networks and Active directory. All candidates will need to pass an aptitude test.
Working closely with the ICT Administrator to ensure all queries are fully resolved in accordance with documented procedures and timescales. We are looking for an effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, whilst conducting themselves in a polite, professional manner at all times.
This role would be suitable for a person looking for an entry level role within ICT with a view to progress further. It is a flexible role that allows for additional training towards a recognised qualification alongside hands-on duties. There is a 3-month probation period and upon successful completion you will have access to a pension scheme, private healthcare with rewards, 25 days paid holiday plus public holidays and other great benefits. Salary and bonus will be commensurate with experience, and you will be able to participate in the employee share scheme once you have completed your probationary period.
Responsibilities and Duties
To ensure the office network communication systems operate reliably and effectively, you will:
* Resolve IT support tickets for internal staff
* Configuring and set up of new and existing ICT equipment
* Documenting ICT changes and processes
* Staff and client ICT training (changes and new products/services)
* Monitor and maintain network systems
* Escalate ICT issues
* Involvement in ICT based projects
* Creation and maintenance of new and existing Office 365 accounts
* Assist with network security updating and enforcement
* Research and purchasing of ICT equipment
Specific performance measurements
* Time to resolution on ICT support tickets
* Internal resolution feedback surveys
* Demonstrating technical competency through professional development
* Level of contribution to the ICT function
Agreed additional duties
There may be occasions when the role requires duties to be performed outside of normal working hours. These may include, but are not limited to, installation and maintenance of ICT infrastructure and the potential to be involved in training courses to aid progression for yourself and the company.
* Pass online aptitude test.
* A good understanding of current ICT systems
* Troubleshooting ICT issues
The ideal candidate will:
* Have a good grasp of current technology
* Be self-driven, motivated, positive, empathetic, patient, willing to learn
* Be able to adapt to changing priorities