Job ID 327037
IT Technician | Bristol | Permanent | £32,000
Peaple Talent has partnered with a charitable organisation looking for an IT technician.
Our client is looking for someone with good communication skills and an understanding of office 365.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for!
You will primarily be responsible for employees with IT facilities that are working and fit for purpose.
Based in the office you will be tasked with the following:
* To provide technical support in the installation, upgrading and maintenance of all the Society’s software environments. Escalate problems as required to resolution. This post is the first point of technical contact and will deal with a wide range of technical enquiries.
* To provide IT hardware and software support either by telephone, remote access or visits as appropriate. This to include hardware repairs and redundant kit disposal; routine system, hardware and software maintenance; testing, installation and configuration of new hardware and software in a network environment.
* To liaise with suppliers of maintenance and support services where appropriate to ensure the repair or maintenance of IT systems ensuring value for money.
* Maintain IT asset registers, identify items which need to be replaced and propose replacements
* Assist with the maintenance and improvement of all IT policies and related operating processes, to support the needs of the business, ensure security is suitable and robust and that business continuity plans are in place and tested.
* Assist with the ongoing process of improvement and change within the IT department
* Interact with all departments and areas of the business to identify improvements and make pro-active suggestions
* To alert the Head of IT to situations where difficulties and problems are consistently arising in the use and application of computer systems. This is required so that appropriate solutions can be developed and training reviewed
* To advise on and install IT security devices ensuring computers are secure from accidental or deliberate software corruption
* Any other duties as may be required and are commensurate with the role
The ideal candidate for this IT technician will have relevant experience in customer service and has preferably worked in a managing service provider
You’ll also need a background in office 365
In addition, you’ll need a driving license.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
Basic salary: £28,000 per annum
Interested? If you think you're right for this IT technician role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews