Job ID 306156
Our client is recruiting for a passionate and positive IT Team Leader to be responsible for delivering and maintaining a professional IT Service Desk to their customers.
IT Team Leader
Liverpool, L8 5RN
* Full time, permanent
* £35,000 – £45,0000 depending on experience plus benefits
* Prestigious and modern office space
Please Note: Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK
About the company:
Our client is a dynamic and rapidly growing web development agency based in UK with some cool clients and great projects.
Due to continued success and growth, they are now looking to bring on an experienced and talented IT Team Leader to help continue and accelerate their growth.
This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate with the mindset of relishing challenges and looking to progress with a highly reputable company.
About the role:
The key responsibility of this role is to ensure that business service levels are achieved. The role will be split as follows: 60% management and leadership, 40% day to day team workload.
As the IT Team Leader you will have overall team management accountability for the 1st and 2nd line IT support team – 2 persons, eventually moving to 3.
As an efficient people manager, you will look after all aspects of performance management, people development and you will challenge the team to always have a continuous improvement outlook – our client’s ethos is to run towards a problem very much, combining client communication with a methodical, clear thought pattern.
You will manage the priorities and workflow of IT (1st and 2nd Line support), ensuring that decisions made provide the most efficient service to all stakeholders involved. You will deliver weekly team meetings to review progress and forward-planning, the focus of these meetings should be linked to the overarching needs of the business.
You will get involved in IT related projects and you will work with overseas clients as required – growth across our US & Asia teams is available for the right candidate.
Your ability to motivate and empower the team will be pivotal to your success in this role. Through personal example and instincts, you will be able to prioritise your personal and team workload, meeting strict deadlines. Knowing when to coach, facilitate and oversee (as opposed to stepping in and leading) will enable you and your team to work smoothly and efficiently.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ people management experience, preferably in an IT/Technology environment. They should also have a university degree or relevant work experience.
Experience and qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ people management experience, preferably in an IT/Technology environment. They should also have a university degree or relevant work experience. Experience of the following would also be a distinct advantage:
* Windows 2010 -11 Server support, building and troubleshooting
* Experience of third-party compliance processes
* Supporting our IT & Technology sales and operational management teams – scope to have a genuine say
* MS Azure platform and cloud infrastructure troubleshooting
* Office 365 Security, Cloudflare, setting up new users on active directory and 365, client printers and scanners set up and continued functionality.
* Ensuring all client users have efficient working technology and client inventories are up to date and visible across internal systems.
* Internet networks experience – set up and management experience, switches, access points and software management – Ubiquiti is our favoured partner.
* Network Security – internally and externally
* Management of P=contractual SLA’s and overall accountability for support ticket response times, communication and etiquette
* Maintaining 3rd Party relationships with supplier
How to apply for the role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be authorised to work in the UK. No agencies please.
Other suitable skills and experience includes IT, Team Leader, Manager, Supervisor, Team Manager, IT Manager, IT Project Manager, Project Manager