Job ID 330097
Our client is seeking an experienced IT & Technical Support Technician to be based in their Godalming office.
Whilst the role primarily involves customer and distributor support for our software and instruments, it also includes I.T. support for our internal systems and hardware, as well as software testing of our internally developed software, firmware and tools. You will be using a range of communications technologies such as telephone, email, instant messaging and video conferencing to communicate to customers, distributors and other colleagues. Where appropriate training will be provided.
Key job roles:
• Technical support (e.g. Identifying common instrument / software issues and suggesting fixes, Software update and installation, Device driver issues)
• Training on instrument and software usage
• Software registration and licence administration
• Instrument control sequence and results analysis macro writing
• Testing advice
• Liaison between distributors and the development team
• Advice on the support of our instruments, software and peripherals
• Service assistance and training)
Internal I.T. support
• HP server hardware and software support and maintenance
• Windows and Mac hardware and operating system support
• Server and Network administration (HyperV and Group Policy)
• Data backup (onsite and offsite), data restoration and disaster recovery
• Network equipment support and maintenance i.e. Disk arrays, Printers, Switches, Disk arrays, UPS, Routers, Wifi points, CCTV, telephone system etc
• Network cabling
• Software support and maintenance inc. Office, Outlook,
• Third party software installation and maintenance
• Liaison with equipment and software suppliers.
• Software installations
• R&D for future I.T. and software projects
• Technical documentation
Internal software testing
• Windows based applications
• In house developed tools / scripts
• Version control including bug tracking (TFS or GitHub knowledge useful)
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful