Job ID 282897
Our client is looking to recruit an IT Technician to work from their specialist palliative care facility based on Chester Road in Wrexham. Offering £24,000 – £28,000 per annum on a Full Time/Permanentbasis.
Our client provides specialist palliative care services, completely free-of-charge, to patients and their families across a wide area stretching from Wrexham, Flintshire and East Denbighshire to Barmouth and the border towns including Oswestry and Whitchurch.
About the IT Technician role:
Applicants will be responsible for the service and delivery of all areas of IT, telephony & printing for the hospice. Overall, the remit is likely to involve a broad breakdown of work that meets demands through three elements of service provision:
* Reactive support and problem solving: 75%
* Ongoing housekeeping/data security: 20%
* Support for project planning and delivery: 5%
The post will primarily focus on delivering 2nd and 3rd line support and maintenance across all technologies employed by the hospice working closely with our external IT support partners to resolve incidents and problems. The post will also provide 1st line support where it is more cost effective to be done “in-house” rather than via out external IT support partner.
IT Technician Key Responsibilities:
* Provide an IT and telephony support function for the hospice’s network and various systems, liaising with their external IT support partner, managing incidents and requests through to resolution in liaison with other support staff as required.
* Plan and organise own workload on a daily/weekly basis, ensuring that all support calls and requests are dealt with promptly and effectively. Maintain comprehensive filing system of job requests, escalation and outcomes.
* Support a range of technologies including Windows (desktop and server), Linux, networking, storage, electronic communication and cyber security.
* Set up system user accounts ensuring all access is appropriate and in line with management and data protection requirements.
* Configure, audit and install new PCs, laptops, printers and other equipment, including installation of operating systems and software applications.
* Assist in the replacement and upgrading of existing IT equipment, including data transfer and replacement of hard disks, memory, etc.
* Diagnose and resolve technical issues within the hospice IT infrastructure, escalating incidents to the external IT support partner, where necessary, liaising with them and testing to ensure a favourable resolution for the hospice.
* Support the use of telephony equipment including configuration, audit and installation of handsets and mobile phones, diagnosing and resolving technical issues and liaising, where necessary, with external service providers to resolve problems experienced by users.
* Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
* Carry out regular operational system management tasks as required, ensuring the systems are managed and working effectively. This includes running regular reports and audits to ensure the systems are being used as required.
* Manage any planned replacement of IT equipment and migration to the latest Windows operating system and Office 365.
* Develop, maintain and update system documentation and operational procedures, as directed, including the maintenance of a hardware and software register.
* Contribute to the development of IT related policies for the hospice and develop IT guidance for staff, volunteers and trustees.
* Assist, as required, with the ongoing development of the hospice website and the intranet.
* Contribute to Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning, testing and implementation.
Site Assistant Requirements:
* NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in IT related subject.
* Technical experience equivalent to MCSE in desktop/server support.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Internet services.
* Extensive knowledge of PC hardware, operating systems and applications including configuration, delivery and installation of PCs, monitors, terminals, printers and peripherals.
* Ability to produce high quality documentation to enhance the quality and reliability of IT services.
* General Leave entitlement – 33 days holiday including 8 Bank Holidays (increasing with service).
* Ongoing training and support.
* Eligibility for charity worker discounts.
* Free and confidential 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme.
* Contributory pension scheme.
If you feel you would be a suitable candidate for the IT Technician position, apply now and one of their dedicated Recruitment team members will be in touch.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer who welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds – they are happy to discuss any possible reasonable adjustments