Job ID 306360
Location: Fully remote (fully remote studio)
Experience level: Mid to Senior level (x6 positions available)
Salary: up to £80,000 for Senior, up to £60,000 for Mid-level
If you have the vision, energy, and passion for mobile game development, and enjoy fully remote working then we would like to hear from you.
A small but growing fully remote team (based in UK and Portugal) who are backed by one of the worlds largest operators. The operator (Sportsbook, Casino and Virtual Gaming Services) currently use 3rd party studios to create their content, so this brand new start up studio will bring all their casino based content in-house.
You would be working in a current development team of 4, with plans to add 6 developers (range of mid to senior level experience) by end of Q4 2022, with an additional 3 developers to join in Q1 2023. You would be working collaboratively with a wider team of game designers, producers, artists and testers as we continue to grow and build on their current team set up.
First and foremost, as a ‘start up’, culture fit is of the utmost importance for roles at this studio. The entire studio work fully remote, being based in either the UK or Portugal, and have established an excellent culture of trust, collaboration, fun and an enjoyable team spirit where each member play an important role in each title’s success. The working culture is a relaxed and creative environment where members look out for each other, and each member’s feedback and input is highly encouraged in all aspects of a game’s lifecycle.
Fully remote working, flexi working hours (they are super flex on this, it’s more about work done than hours done), private pension, 25 days holiday, etc.
We are expanding our team and seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and experienced Game Developer to join our team to help create the next generation of slots content. You will play a key role in the design, development, testing, and maintenance of our gaming products.
If you have the vision, energy, and passion for game development, and enjoy fully remote working then we would like to hear from you.
Key skills we’re looking for…
* Good understanding of HTML, CSS, LESS/Sass and asynchronous request handling with partial page updates (AJAX)
* Knowledge of testing tools such as Protractor, Jasmine, Karma
* Knowledge in test-driven development (TDD)
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
* Experience working with best practices: Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Issue tracking (JIRA)
Bonus points for…
* Working knowledge of the gambling industry, in particular slot game development
* Experienced in game engine production
* Experienced in developing multi-threaded code, with an emphasis on performance
* Knowledge of C/C++/C#/Golang
* Degree and certificates in related fields
* Knowledge (to work both as front-end & back-end developer for bug fixing)
* Experience working with Linux OS
* Knowledge of SQL and RDBMS
* Experience working with XML
First, a short call with me 🙂 – my job is to ensure we find the right type of people to collaborate and compliment the current set up. Again, culture fit here is key.
Next, a technical chat with the head of development and lead developer which I promise isn’t as scary as that sounds. You will get a really good feel for the studio, tech set up, processes, projects and what it’s like to work here after this chat, I feel.
Lastly, either an offer to join the team or a run through as to why they didn’t move forwards to offer – I’ll get detailed feedback if unsuccessful which hopefully you’ll find useful moving forwards to help you get closer to securing that dream role 🙂