Job ID 306842
Job: Data Scientist / Hybrid (Remote & London)
This company is a pioneering venture builder. They partner with commercially minded, non-technical ‘Founders’ (how they refer to their clients) to start tech companies, launch new products and digitise industries. Their Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Designers and Developers work as the Founder’s in-house team to pull together all the people they need to bring their ideas to life. In the last 8 years, they have helped start 30++ new companies and launched 30+. They help their Founders with balancing commercial, product and technology considerations, and to find investment to grow their companies. They are passionate about delivering innovative products in a seamless, agile and collaborative way with their Founders
What they’re after:
* They are seeking a highly motivated and experienced (mid-snr level) Data Scientist to join their team on a fixed term contract (6-12 months) basis. As their Data Scientist you will be responsible for designing and implementing data-driven solutions to support decision making and drive business growth.
The fun stuff you'll be doing:
* Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
* Developing custom data models and algorithms to support decision making. Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes. Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
* Conducting end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, preparation, and modelling.
* Present findings and insights in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non- technical stakeholders.
* Dataset acquisition
* Carrying out research on recommender systems and apply to practical scenarios such as content, social networks.
* Strong programming skills (Python, R, SQL, etc.).
* Experience with machine learning libraries (e.g. scikit-learn, TensorFlow).
* Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. matplotlib, seaborn, plotly).
* Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark) is a plus and scalable model training.
* You’ll actually be a part of something amazing (they build great Products)
* They work on product ideas through validation, planning, building, launching and growing – so you’ll be able to hone your skills across the whole product lifecycle!
* Working directly with founders, designers and engineers in small, autonomous and full stack teams means you aren’t siloed and can work on the things that move the needle each week
* They cover an enormous range of industries and types of products; this enables you to gain multi-industry experience in one place (in a much quicker timeframe)
* Job Type; fixed term contract role for 6-12 months (to start with, likely to convert to a full time perm role thereafter)
* £’s; up to approx. £60k/pa pro rata + perm benefits package
* Location; predominantly remote working but you must be able to visit their central London office 1 day a week every 1 or 2 weeks for team & client meetings (travel costs can be met)
* How to get to them; a (very) short walk from Aldgate East tube station (District & Hammersmith/City lines)
NB: for non-UK Citizens: we cannot accept applications from anyone requiring sponsorship (now or in the future) for UK permanent employment status.If you are using a work visa this must allow you to work in the UK unrestricted for at least the next 5 years.
Profile 29 recruitment keywords; senior data scientist snr data scientist data science fixed term contract FTC programming Python R SQL machine learning ML scikit-learn TensorFlow data visualisation matplotlib seaborn plotly big data Hadoop Spark