Job ID 310544
Junior IT Helpdesk Support – Dental / Healthcare
**PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE**
Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and personable individual with some formal IT training and experience of providing help and advice to customers, to join a small innovative team in a well-established healthcare systems company.
This is an exciting time for the business as it launches ground breaking new technology and cloud-based software so you'll need to be a quick learner with an inquisitive mind and a keen interest in all aspects of IT. Most importantly, you must be comfortable and confident when talking to customers on the phone and in person as delivering a first-class service is a key part of the company's ongoing success.
Your days will be busy and varied, ranging from providing phone and email software and hardware support for clinically based software applications to system users, the majority of which are not IT-savvy. You'll also be involved in hardware and digital equipment installation & repair across the UK.
Role-specific training will be given and an apprenticeship role with day-release is a possibility for the right candidate. You will generally be office-based Monday to Friday unless on-site with a customer.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and personal attributes:
* A fast learner, able to multi-task and take responsibility for your own work load.
* A clear speaking voice with an excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written.
* A keen interest in and basic knowledge of internet technology, hardware & software, with an enthusiasm for learning.
* A personable, polite and friendly manner with the ability to quickly build rapport with customers and a genuine passion for helping them.
* An inquisitive, focused and intelligent approach to problem solving with a disciplined and detailed approach to record-keeping.
* Team orientated, cheerful and calm under pressure.
* Good at taking instruction and able to give clear and concise instruction to others.
* Willing to attend customer sites and trade shows, which may sometimes require nights away from home and the occasional Saturday.
* Be proactive regarding your own learning and willing to read-up and research independently .
* A full driving license and your own car would be advantageous.
Although this is a junior level role and your skills will be developed, you will be expected to be a proactive member of the Support Team and capable of working without constant supervision. You'll also need to be commercially minded, smart and professional, inquisitive and personable with good communication skills.
Interested? Then apply now by attaching your CV to your application together with a covering letter explaining why you believe you're the one for the role – but please only apply for this vacancy if you are genuinely able to offer the personal traits, experience and skills detailed above and are currently able to easily travel to work in the Milton Keynes area.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to consider applications from overseas and time constraints prevent us from being able to respond to speculative applications made through this site so please don't be offended if you don't hear back from us in these instances. We WILL respond to UK applications that are relevant to the position advertised – promise