Job ID 334268
Junior IT Support Analyst
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of booking: Expected to be for 3 months and maybe longer
£11.00 to £11.50 paye inclusive of holiday pay
£12.00 to £12.50 umbrella per hour
Depending on skill, experience, and qualifications
Working Days and Hours: Monday – Friday, 08:30am – 16:30pm
Our client requires a Band 3 Junior IT Support Analyst to assist with the rolling out of a script to install hardware on a number of devices from now until the end of the financial year.
* The post holder will be required to work as a Junior IT Support Analyst for our client. They will be part of the digital technology and infrastructure team under the direction of the network and hardware manager.
* The postholder will act as the interface between hospital staff and the wider DTI department providing excellent customer care, guidance and advice on the most effective and secure use of DTI systems and services.
* The postholder will follow procedures for building laptops and desktops and where necessary install these in office and clinical areas with any appropriate peripherals.
* The postholder will be responsible for setting up mobile devices for users e.g. iPads and mobile phones.
* The post holder will support the installation and maintenance of the Trust’s telephony systems and support the networking team on projects.
* The post holder will provide and receive routine information to inform work colleagues, staff from other departments and external contacts. Information will frequently be of a sensitive nature and confidentiality must be always ensured.
* Any telephone and face-to-face enquiries will be dealt with efficiently and with understanding and action taken as appropriate
* Monitor stock levels for consumables and liaise with DTI managers to ensure availability.
* Plan own work schedule to deliver against DTI service level agreements
* Support operational delivery of service continuity and disaster recovery plans in respect of DTI, including major incident action plans.
* Consider and understand simple information submitted, making judgement calls where the situation may be unique, either to reject or implement changes.
* Analyse and assess simple DTI problems and be accountable for introducing corrective measures, based on own judgment to minimise impact on services.
* Support and assist DTI managers with investigating and analysing problems within systems. Implement the solution with minimum disruption and inconvenience to users
* Upgrading and installing hardware under the direction of the technical support analysts or on-site engineers.
* Suggest ways to reduce costs and/or improve productivity that can be achieved through efficiencies within DTI.
* Ensuring that the Trust digital equipment is used safely and efficiently by self and others.
* Responsibility for reporting abuse or misuse of Trust digital equipment.
* Gather information; assist with audits and collection of data as required for the department and wider Trust, making use of the Internet and in-house information systems.
* Contribute to the identification of future technologies beneficial to DTI Service delivery.
* Support testing of digital solutions to support the delivery of DCHFT business objectives
* Liaison with the service desk to ensure that inventories and other documentation are kept up to date.
* Ensuring the digital services asset register is accurately maintained.
* 3 x GCSEs (must include English and Mathematics)
* ITIL Service Management Foundation Certificate or equivalent knowledge gained through experience.
* Some experience of working in a digital environment.
* Customer-service related experience in a technical environment.
* Good understanding of GDPR and security technologies.
* Experience of producing concise, complex technical documentation, policies and procedures.
* Proven ability in Active Directory identity management