Job ID 213294
Trust Payments have an exciting opportunity for a Junior IT Technician to join the team.
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group.
Junior IT Technician – The Role:
– Working as part of the IT Helpdesk team who are the primary point of contact for Trust Payments staff seeking assistance accessing the company’s IT systems and services
– Responsible for the installation and configuration of computer hardware and software within the company
– Provide support and advice on mobile and desk telephony systems
Junior IT Technician – Key Responsibilities:
– Serve as First Line Support for staff seeking technical assistance for all IT issues via the Zendesk ticketing system and over the phone
– Troubleshoot and repair computer systems, hardware, and peripherals – This incudes liaising with third party suppliers
– User account management
– Staff provisioning: install/configure computer systems for deployment to new staff or technology refreshes
– Maintain hardware inventory.
– Server room organisation and maintenance work (server rack mounting, UPS installation, network and power cable runs etc.)
– Generator and air conditioning unit monitoring (UK)
– Comply with all legislation and codes of practice appropriate to the role
– Comply with the Health and Safety at work Act (1974) and relevant directives in all activities
– Compliance on all relevant aspects of the Data Protection Act as appropriate to the role
Junior IT Technician – You:
– Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and other Office applications
– Experience of installing/troubleshooting Windows 10 would be a benefit
– Experience with a customer service tool, such as Zendesk advantageous
– Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
– Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
– Able to work on your own as well as part of a team
– Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
– Valid UK passport
– This is a learning position so a keen interest in IT overall, a willingness to learn, and an understanding of what is needed for gold standard Customer Service is more important than experience
– Entry level IT qualifications advantageous
– Customer Service role experience also advantageous
Junior IT Technician – Benefits:
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
During the recruitment process we welcome you to inform us confidentially of any special adjustments required in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience.
To submit your CV for this exciting Junior IT Technician opportunity, please press ‘Apply’ now