Job ID 183662
* There are flexible working options available with this role, including home working
About the Departments
We have a number of departments in IT who look for the Lead Developer/Lead Software Developer/Lead Web Developer skillset
About the Role
As a highly skilled Lead Developer/Lead Software Developer/Lead Web Developer you will be leading and mentor junior Developers to ensure quality and technical approach taken by team members, meets the company strategy.
Working across our UK and international eCommerce platforms, you’ll help develop and support systems that handle millions of pounds worth of transactions every day. This will involve everything from developing cutting-edge technology features and practices, to playing a major role in the analysis, design, and development of various high profile projects.
Working in a truly Agile way, you will get to see your work live from day 1 and will get involved with lots of big changes focussing on overhauling the entire website and deploying containerised Microservices apps into the Cloud.
You’ll help provide development support to internal users, as well as offering out-of-hours cover during seasonal events and busy trading periods. You’ll also use your expertise and experience to help us continually improve our processes and working practices, actively enabling the department to become as efficient and effective as it can be.
You’ll be required to understand and interpret technical specifications, and turn them into working code, using a mix of technologies. Acting as a technical expert within the business, you’ll be involved in the mentoring and support of other developers within the team. You’ll also ensure that all development and code follows best practice and meets the relevant industry standards.
Manage code merges from the team of Developers into the main code trunk ensuring quality and supporting the dev ops and test teams where required. Managing sprint planning and retrospective sessions, you’ll communicate technical and non-technical information across the business, as well as offering out-of-hours support during key periods. You’ll also work closely with other departments, negotiating effectively to ensure projects are being driven forward and are meeting business needs.
* Good knowledge in industry best practices in development.
* Good experience with modern frameworks such as Vue.js, React.js, Angular
* Good communication skills
* Experience in mentor junior developers on development methodologies and optimisation techniques
* Agile Processes
* Experienced developer who can write effective and efficient code
* Experienced working to the Agile and Scrum framework
* Passionate for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop innovative new ideas
* A team player who thrives in a fast paced, busy and challenging environment
* Well-balanced analytical skills, able to confidently present technical information in a structured and logical manner
In addition to a competitive salary the benefits shown below are typically offered for a job at this level. The exact benefits an individual is entitled to will vary depending on their competency level and/or contract type, therefore some or all of the benefits may not apply.
* Bonus Scheme
* Childcare Voucher
* Life Assurance
* Pension Scheme
* Share Save Scheme
* Staff Discount