Job ID 200071
As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you will be a key leader in the advancement of our SpheraCloud SaaS platform. From Designing, building and maintaining automation that powers our cloud-based product deployments to auto-scaling and the ability to easily rollback along with building new pipelines and creating efficiencies through automation. You have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact to the business on a daily basis.
• Support application infrastructure to ensure platform is optimized for performance and reliability.
• Build and maintain supporting infrastructure for cloud environments and applications.
• Use wide range of Azure resources to implement scalable, reliable and cost-efficient services.
• Work side by side with your engineers, guiding critical projects, using your subject matter expertise to solve complex problems.
• Perform and automate system administration services including installation, configuration, maintenance, and disaster recovery
• Identify system level issues related to OS configuration and virtual hardware bottlenecks.
• Automation, auditing, and other tooling for security, compliance, and resource usage – Monitor and improve processes for all deployments.
• Take ownership of operational excellence to establish and maintain business focused KPI’s. Use these metrics not only as a basis for positive transformation, but also as a visible representation of your team’s success.
Skills and Experience
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with multiple disciplines.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to drive reliability improvements.
• Proven success managing and optimizing CI/CD for an Azure-based SaaS application.
• Hands-on-experience with common DevOps tools, including Azure DevOps.
• Strong scripting skills with at least PowerShell or Bash.
• Strong understanding of CI/CD.
• Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform.
• Working knowledge of version control/source code management tools.
• Experience working in an agile software development life cycle.
• Strong knowledge of both Microsoft and Linux server environments.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL server.
• Strong knowledge of IIS configuration and management.
• Working knowledge of local and wide area networking and associated technologies, e.g. switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs. • Strong understanding of security principles.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar area of study.
• Experience with Kubernetes or other container-based technologies.
• Cloud-based networking (VNets, App gateways, etc).
• Azure DevOps.
• System or Network Engineering.
• Monitoring (New Relic, LogEntries, Rapid7, Grafana, etc).
• PaaS (WebApps, ASE, Azure SQL, etc).
• Git, Jenkins, Octopus, ARM, Ansible, Azure CLI or similar.
• Experience with Hadoop database and HDFS.
• Experience with Presto SQL query engine