Job ID 282820
My client is seeking a Legal Cashier to join their busy team on a permanent basis in Bridgwater, Somerset. Previous Legal Cashier experience is essential.
You will work with an experienced and supportive team.
Your role will involve checking client account bank statements throughout the day for new funds and alert relevant fee earners/teams with client reconciliation issues.
You will also be required to assist with the day’s completions to process funds for client and office account daily, generate office account cheques for disbursements and process CHAPS, BACS & faster payments including processing card receipts.
Other duties include the management of the petty cash float for each office, assisting with the daily reconciliation of client and office accounts, daily processing and posting of Firm’s own invoices, administration of client interest calculations as required and actioning WIP and Disbursement write offs.
• Supervising the Purchase Ledger System
• Submission of VAT returns
• Paying Tax to HMRC on behalf of Partners
• Supervision and possible training of junior staff
• Reconciling the Office & Client Bank Accounts on a daily basis
• Client Interest
• All aspects of Partners, Consultants & Lawyers expenses
• Checking and reconciling all the firm’s credit cards
• Maintaining PKC, KPI & Rekoop
• Running weekly Time Reports & Chasing Fee Earners on Missing Time
• Processing Various Payments through the Bacs System
• Direct Debits
• Writing Off Bills & Disbursements
Career progression will be available for the right person.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful