Job ID 336759
Job description for Logistics Modeller
Are you a logical thinker? Someone who possess a real passion for data, problem solving skills and the ability to analyse and interpret data?
We have an exciting opportunity for an entry level Logistics Modeller to join our Modelling and Analysis team We are seeking someone wanting to start an interesting career within a fantastic organisation supporting our Armed Services.
You will be fully trained and supported in the use of specialist logistics modelling software and concepts to demonstrate different logistics options and scenarios e.g., where in the world stock should be held, balancing the whole life costs and equipment availability. Your work will support better management and operational decisions across Defence and Industry.
This post can be based at any of the locations listed below –
* RNAS Yeovilton, Ilchester, Somerset. BA22 8HT
* MOD Abbey Wood, Filton, Bristol. BS34 8JH
* MOD Boscombe Down, Salisbury, Wiltshire. SP4 0JF
You will be based in the offices on your chosen site, and an in-office attendance will be expected as required. Wherever you chose to locate, you will have opportunities to collaborate with our wider team in the other sites.
Due to the security requirements of this position, it is open to applications from Sole UK Nationals only.
Responsibilities for Logistics Modeller
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
* Support the delivery of logistics modelling projects to ensure they meet agreed business requirements in terms of cost, timescale, and quality parameters. Actively monitor and provide updates to management.
* Assist with quality checks of models analysis reporting ensuring relevance of findings and assessment of outputs.
* Support quality checks of 3rd party analysis on behalf of DE&S to ensure they are fit for purpose and the outputs/recommendations are reasonable, providing feedback where appropriate.
* Assist with the development of systems, processes, and tools for modelling including relevant governance processes to ensure continuous improvement and ensure these are documented accurately.
* Maintain an understanding of the latest software and methodologies for modelling ensure DE&S apply best practice.
* Contribute to the advice and guidance given to the business in line with agreed policies and practices.
* Undertake basic data manipulation and conversion to support the build of logistics models.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Some knowledge of Modelling and Analysis techniques and software.
* Strong IT Literacy (e.g., Microsoft Office 365 – Word, Excel, Access).
* Good stakeholder engagement skills, internal and external to the business, and at all levels, with the ability to adapt your communication style to the audience.
* Level 3 qualification or equivalent knowledge skills or experience, and confident in Maths and English Language.
It would also be great if you can demonstrate any of the following desirable criteria:
* Awareness/understanding of logistics systems and processes.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Logistics modelling – Awareness level
* Data and Statistics – Awareness level
* Making effective decisions
* Communicating and influencing
What’s in it for you?
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
* 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
* A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
* Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
* Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
* A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
* Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
* Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
* We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Apply by Monday 20th March 2023 at 23:55