Job ID 333267
Modern Identity Specialist
Civil Service: Senior Executive Officer (SEO)
Home/local office hybrid
Closing 16/03/2023 23:59 – Please apply via the link provided. CV's sent via email will not be progressed.
The United Kingdom Health Security Agency (UKHSA) is a system leader for health security; taking action internationally to strengthen global health security, providing trusted advice to government and the public and reducing inequalities in the way different communities experience and are impacted by infectious disease, environmental hazards, and other threats to health.
The Technology Directorate provides business-critical systems and services to UKHSA business users at all locations at which UKHSA staff work. ICT has primary responsibility for technical infrastructure and the corporate services running upon it. ICT has staff at a number of locations throughout UKHSA.
As part of our Identity Management team, as senior member, you will get the opportunity to work on vital projects with a wide range of responsibilities. You will work within specified technical specialties and provide technical expertise in the configuration, implementation and automation of relevant applications. You should expect to be involved in a wide range of challenging engagements, from strategy roll-out, to large scale Modern Identity transformations, to controls review.
* Investigate and provide accurate responses to requests for support. For example: making system modifications, developing work-around enhancements, manipulating data, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to systems development staff or software suppliers.
* Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
* Ensure documentation is available and securely accessible to relevant parties
* Deliver subject matter expertise in Identity and Access management (IAM), ensuring delivery of business requirements
* Creating IAM solution blueprints and producing high-level designs for technical and process solutions for multiple IAM domains.
* Managing the designs, development, test, launch, and continuous improvement of UKHSA’s identity solutions.
* Developing an understanding of access needs, and platform progress, leading to improvements on UKHSA’s identity and access policies
* In accordance with agreed procedures, monitors application and infrastructure systems by regular scrutiny of reports from the applications software, systems software or service delivery staff. Notes problems and identifies performance trends and statistics. Referring to more senior colleagues where necessary, takes corrective action to improve performance and to avoid problems arising.
* Manage and monitor systems associated to IAM, Privileged Access Management (PAM), Single Sign-On (SSO)/Federation and Multi-factor Authentication (MFA).
* Enforce security policies and support existing systems in accordance with policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
* Participate in the evaluation, design, development, and implementation of IAM solutions to enhance information systems security and prevent the unauthorized use, release, modification, or destruction of data.
* Provides an effective interface between users and service providers, including external commercial suppliers where applicable. This interface includes documenting problems, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
* Contributes to the availability management process and its operation by reporting on service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability.
* Conducts investigations of operational problems and makes proposals for improvement. Participates in reviews of systems performance, provide advice, and assist service specialists or other system or service providers to plan details of amendments and upgrades to systems.
* Identifies and implements areas of improvement through automation or efficiencies with use of technology.
* Supports and mentors junior team members and assists in their development to provide an excellent level of service to all customers.
* Identifies areas of potential security enhancement whilst maintaining an excellent end user working experience.
Please follow link to apply for full job description, including essential criteria