Job ID 331864
We are looking to recruit a highly service focused and experienced 2nd line network engineer to support and maintain customer’s network infrastructure. The successful candidate will have an advanced level of knowledge and experience in Network, Wi-Fi and Security technologies. The ideal candidate must have an in-depth understanding and experience in supporting, maintaining and managing a range of technologies including Firewalls, Switches, Wireless Controllers, Access Points and Routers for Cisco, Aruba, Ruckus and Fortinet.
This is a Hybrid Role so there is the option after probation to work 3 days in the office & 2 days from home
North Wales. St Asaph or Glasgow.
* 2nd line technical support of LAN, Wi-Fi and Security networks.
* Fault finding through to resolution and customer satisfaction.
* Producing documentation, reports and diagrams plus record keeping.
* Technical installation, testing and support delivering data services.
* Service Desk support following ITIL processes.
* Providing 24hr on-call NOC support by rotation currently 1 in 4.
* Must have a drving Licence as there maybe be times you have to attend Customers site
To succeed in the role, the following skills and attributes are key:
* Excellent customer service skills, including written and oral communication.
* Proven experience in a Networking/IT environment.
* Ability to work alone & within a team to provide the most effective method of service delivery.
* Pride in themselves and their work.
* Highly organized to meet strict deadlines and SLA’s.
* Analytical and detail conscious.
Skills & Experience
* IT degree level or similar IT qualification is essential.
* Cisco CCNA
* Fortinet Firewall – desirable .
* ITIL Foundation – desirable