Job ID 339708
Hours: 24/7 shift, 2 days 07:00-19:00, 2 nights 19:00-07:00, 4 days off
Overall purpose of the job:
Responsible for providing customer support to our client base ensuring Service Levels are maintained and the ticketing system is fully up to date.
Key responsibilities for this job:
* Investigate and resolve helpdesk incidents assigned to you with speedy fixes ensuring the ticketing system is fully updated.
* Monitor networks and equipment using applicable software (SolarWinds//PRTG/RMM/FMC etc.), raising incidents as appropriate, investigating, and resolving where possible or engaging the correct resolving teams while owning the incident to resolution.
* Ensure all ongoing issues are to be documented for shift handover.
* Ensure the Shift Leaders/NOC Manager are kept informed of all service affecting incidents and appropriate escalations are made, where relevant.
* Provide support through assigned work from the Service Desk team and customer(s).
* Write and implement Change requests as required, following good practice and company processes.
* Provide coaching to junior members of the team to improve their technical capabilities, write knowledge base articles and hold workshops to improve team understanding of customer solutions.
* Take ownership of problems and incidents, driving to resolution and providing feedback on improvements to procedures, process and documentation as required.
* Where appropriate and as advised by your line manager, provide DC smart hands services to support existing Smart Hands team. This could include cabling, visual inspections, providing escorts and other duties within the data centre as required.
Knowledge and experience required:
* Network support experience (Cisco) or an equivalent certification (e.g., CompTIA Network+ or CCNA)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a professional phone manner
Desirable knowledge and experience:
* The ideal candidate will be SC cleared but we are open to individuals that do not have SC clearance but would be willing to go through the security clearance process
* Network troubleshooting skills – Cisco routing and switching
* Experience working in a Service Desk/NOC environment
* Experience with network monitoring tools
* Understanding of incident, problem and change management
* ITIL practitioner