Job ID 331304
Network Engineer – partially home based
The Network Engineer provides technical support across the organization and is responsible for supporting new and existing networking solutions within the Group's corporate network. They will have a key focus on ensuring processes and procedures are adhered to, and provide a timely response to BAU incidents and requests following defined processes for implementing changes across the estate.
The location for this role is Swansea and the classification is Hybrid. This entails 3 days collaborating with colleagues in the office, and 2 days working from home each week.
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager your main accountabilities in the role will be to:
* Assist with the design and implementation of new networking technologies into the enterprise in line with required standards and Service Level Agreements (SLA)
* Provide Level 2 network support including configuration, troubleshooting and incident/problem/change management
* Ensure monitoring and support of the corporate network and on incidents to meet agreed SLAs
* Monitor Network support queues ensuring potential issues are addressed and or escalated where required
* Keep all network related documentation up to date (including network diagrams, asset inventory, IP address management, process and procedural)
* Follow established change procedure and maintain change documentation related to network changes
* Assist Senior Network Engineer in configuration and maintenance activities as required
* Work as a member of the infrastructure team to provide network related troubleshooting services to the wider team
What you’ll get in return:
* 25 days holiday
* Discretionary bonus scheme
* Employee assistance programme
* Annual holiday buy (up to 3 extra days)
* Salary sacrifice benefits
* Annual benefits reviews
* Professional qualifications and study support
The successful Network Engineer will have a good mix of the following:
* Network Certification or equivalent experience to Network+, Security+, CCNA Routing and Switching or CCNA Security level
* Experience of:
* Troubleshooting basic LAN and WAN networks e.g. VLANs, DNS, DHCP, Interface configuration, routing
* Configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches (CatOS, NX-OS, IOS) and ASA or Fortigate firewalls
* Working with incident and change managed environments
* An Understanding of:
* Network management protocols e.g. SSH, HTTPS, TACACS+
* Network load balancing (F5, HSRP, Etherchannel)
* Site-to-site VPN and remote access technologies.
* Routing protocols – RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP.
* Authentication, authorisation and accounting (AAA) technologies e.g. Dot1x.
* Network monitoring systems that use SNMP and SSH to monitor network equipment.
Please apply either by using the link provided or by emailing your CV direct to me. Alternatively, you can call for more information on the number shown below.
Easton Haines Consultancy is a specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. No terminology in the advertisement is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary or contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment business.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose CVs match the job requirements.