Job ID 306796
Do you have an analytical approach?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Systems analyst to undertake analysis, design, testing and the implementation services on medium complexity and relatively low risk, but nevertheless business critical IT systems (or sub systems). Typically this will include detailed investigation and documentation of requirements, design and testing of systems, estimating time and resource required for the build phase, systems audit and training and end-user documentation. Responsible for delivering specialist services which involve the choice and application of diverse processes, systems and techniques or for supervising staff delivering a broad variety of services. Individuals work with a minimum of supervision, demonstrating a detailed, focused and analytical approach. Roles at this level will work within established processes, procedures and guidance, with minimum day-to-day supervision, to deliver a range of support services to an agreed standard or specification.
This is a remote opportunity with occasional travel to one of the following offices: Glasgow, Blackpool, Newcastle, York, Newport or Gosport.
In return Sopra Steria prides itself on the opportunities for every employee to learn and develop their skills and expertise with excellent progression opportunities!
What you'll be doing:
* Defining the scope and work for assignment with 'client’ (may be internal or external) for the design of systems architectures to integrate business and IT requirements
* Delivering assignments in accordance with agreed scope, time, financial and quality measures
* Ensures effective client engagement and collaborator management during assignment (may include management of subcontractors and partners)
* Ensuring risk management plans are in place for assignments
* Completing assignment reviews with 'clients’ at the end of each and every assignment (or six monthly for long term assignments)
* Supervising market trends and competitor activities in 'professional’ area and ensure this data is utilised for the ongoing service development
* Sharing personal knowledge of 'expert’ area through coaching and mentoring, running workshops, establishing 'special interest groups’
What you’ll bring:
* The Systems Analyst will have good solid understanding of the latest developments and future direction for their area, and an awareness of its application within past and present Sopra Steria engagements.
* Good solid understanding and experience of associated tools, techniques and methods within their specialist area.
* Demonstrable experience of working as a Systems Analyst on small to medium systems for delivery programmes/ projects.
* Be able to build system specification
* Perform data analysis experience
* Carry out logical design
* Estimate improvements and changes
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Security Clearance Level: SC
Internal Recruiter: Michael
Salary: £32,000 – £48,000
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the choice to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about us?
SSCL is a leader in critical business support services for the largest Government departments, Defence, Police and CITB across the UK. We provide digital solutions and Innovation and Advisory services to improve end to end employee services including HR & Payroll, Finance, Procurement, Pensions Administration and Resourcing Services – improving the customer experience, enabling more inquisitive public services.
We employ more than 2,800 people who, with their in-depth client knowledge and our collaborative approach, sit at the heart of our business strategy. SSCL operates at size and scale across the UK Public Sector and has already delivered savings c£400 million – providing more funds for front line public services.
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and are striving to become a more diverse organisation. We welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We have partnered with Vercida, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site, where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application. We participate in the Disability Confident scheme and are committed to offering an interview to any candidate with a disability, who meets the minimum criteria for the role. If you believe this could apply to you, please let us know when completing your application