Job ID 251902
Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for a permanent PHP Developer (Remote / Hybrid) joining a rapidly growing software and technology provider. Working with a powerful automation platform for IT Service Providers that integrates with 100+ industry products and services.
As the PHP Developer, you will produce superior software solutions. You will write code to the highest standard and employ a sense of craftsmanship in your work. You will have advanced knowledge of software design principles and can demonstrate these practically when engineering solutions.
The office is in Bristol, UK, offering a hybrid working model with one day per week required in the office. The annual salary is negotiable depending on experience and Circa £45,000-£65,000 PA very much dependant on experience levels.
As a PHP Developer, you will be part of a development team working with cutting edge technologies, so it is key that you have a good understanding of the full development lifecycle. The new position will be dedicated to managing all development requests and upgrades for one of our largest clients, so good customer engagement skills are vital.
Circa £45,000-£65,000 PA very much dependant on experience levels.
The working hours are 9.00 – 17.30 Monday to Friday, also offering flexibility on working hours.
Hybrid Working with just one day per week in Bristol required or fully office based on preference.
22 days holiday rising + 8 bank holidays.
Free Spotify account.
* Write ‘clean’, well-commented code that is fit for purpose and easy for other team members to maintain.
* Debug reported issues quickly and effectively, solving the problem and suggesting opportunities for improvements.
* Write unit and functional tests that demonstrate fitness-for-purpose and prevent regression.
* Liaise with Technical Lead and team members to ascertain requirements/problems.
* Use software tools carefully and effectively, including version control and ticketing systems.
* Follow industry best practices, especially regarding testing and secure programming principles.
* Ask questions about specs and interrogate UIs before starting to code.
* Work to meet project milestones and flag up where goals cannot be met, including why.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
* At least two years’ relevant commercial work experience
* Methodical, focused, patient, product-focused code-lover with a pragmatic attitude and a people-first approach.
* PHP 7/8, Git, Drupal 7,
* Have at least two years of experience working with the LAMP stack and the Laravel (or equivalent) PHPframework
* Keen to share personal expertise with other members of the team and share learning
* Experience with ISPs – Desirable
* Front end development – Desirable
* React, Python, Terraform, advanced AWS.
* Solid coding skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Question-asking/solution-finding approach
* Excellent mentoring/knowledge sharing skills
* Pre-eminent multi-tasking skills
* Product-focused approach
The closing date is 20th October 2022. To Apply: Please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on or email your CV to our Jobs email. If you have the transferable skills required Shane Griffiths will call and email with more information and discuss this with you confidentially