Job ID 310508
Platform Engineer – Linux
Logix Resourcing are currently partnered with the one of the largest universities on the south coast on an exciting opportunity for a Platform Linux Infrastructure Engineer who are currently embarking on an ambitious programme of transformational change. This is a hybrid role that requires you to be onsite 2 days per week. There is flexibility on this for candidates further afield.
The Platforms and Infrastructure Engineer (Linux) will support and maintain an extensive portfolio of Linux services, technologies, related storage and server platforms and integrated management software. They will be responsible for securely managing and monitoring services, ensuring our client deliver a seamless environment and experience for all our staff and students.
It is super important that the successful candidate has experience of Identity Management services (Linux cloud) You should also meet the following criteria:
* Knowledge of configuring, securing, hardening, operating, and monitoring infrastructures, platforms, operating systems and supporting services based on Linux (e.g., Ubuntu, CentOS and RedHat) and their current variants.
* Experience of Identity and Access Management services and protocols.
* Configuring and operating standard Linux service applications, related services, and middleware e.g.: SELinux, Apache, tomcat, Puppet, RPM / DEB packaging, security patching, etc.
* Strong knowledge of securely managing, troubleshooting, and monitoring standard Linux processes, protocols, and integrations e.g.: DNS, DHCP, SMTP, TCP/IP, SAML.
* DevOps toolsets, service automation & integration software and productivity technologies, for example: Ansible, YAML, Azure DevOps Services, GitHub, Oauth, CI/CD etc.
* Linux client endpoint management, imaging, deployment, and patching (e.g., Cobbler).
* Experience securely operating, monitoring, and maintaining large storage platforms and VMware virtualised compute infrastructures.
* Knowledge and experience of supporting Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning and operations, and the development of associated technical documentation related to service.
Location: Brighton, Hybrid
Salary: Up to £42,155
Experience: 2 years + in similar role