Job ID 332979
Job title: Product Data Assistant
Location: Rochester. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements.
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 dependent on skills experience
What you’ll be doing:
* Supporting project teams to establish and maintain the configuration records for a product with its requirements, from inception, through design & development, to production, support and beyond
* Applying the 5 key areas of Configuration Management: Planning, Identification, Change Management, Status Accounting and Auditing
* Understanding product structures and technical data packs
* CM plan compilation and maintenance
* Working with and chairing Change Management Boards (CMB)
* Handling all aspects of change control, internal/supplier/customer
Your skills and experiences:
* Working knowledge of Product Data Management (PDM) tools and product lifecycle management systems
* Experience with processing documents through configuration systems
* High attention to detail, meticulous and organised
* Controlling documents through a lifecycle
* Capable of understanding and interpreting technical data/ drawings
* Proficient IT skills across the MS Office suite
* Experience within Aerospace or Defence manufacturing is desirable
* Experience with PLM (Siemens Teamcenter) is advantageous
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Product Data Management/Configuration team:
As the Product Data Assistant, you will be supporting the Company’s requirements for data management and standardisation, supporting configuration change management on all versions of products across a diverse range of projects, preparing engineering data outputs for downstream processes and manipulating the product structure of BOMs and product data. You will be experienced in the use of engineering software tools for BOM and data standardisation, especially Teamcenter, including Unified Architecture.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
16/Mar/23, 11:59:00 PM