Job ID 283861
Salary: £27,500-£32,500 pa + OTE of extra £6k (target driven)
Hours: 8.30am-5.30pm Mon-Fri – 1 day working from home
Free parking, discount on technology products, birthday off if in the week, 20 days hols + bank hols rising 1 day pa to 25 days after service, free healthcare after qualifying period
We are looking for a Product Manager/Client Account Manager/Purchasing Assistant to join a well-established company in Verwood. The successful applicant will be joining a growing team and take responsibility for both customer and supplier interaction and negotiation, administration support and internal account and product management. As Product Manager, you will be looking after their most lucrative and important products. Dealing with manufacturers as well as clients and the internal sales and warehouse teams, you will be a customer focused individual who can think on your feet.
Part of your role will be to fully support the sales team, their suppliers and customers becoming the product category champion.
The successful candidate will need to be articulate with an excellent telephone manner and strong communication skills, with an accurate and organised approach to their work. Negotiation skills would also be advantageous as this role will include negotiation with suppliers from time to time and as this role progresses.
You will also:-
* Be thick skinned and not overly sensitive
* Have an excellent telephone manner
* Have good customer service skills
* Ideally understand figures
* Be Tenacious and chase up internal colleagues and customers in the right way
* Have your fingers on the pulse
* Be able to work in a fast paced environment
* Have excellent attention to details
It goes without saying that you will be reliable, have good time management skills and have confidence in decision-making. This is a fast moving business, so the ability to think on your feet and act quickly is essential.
Duties will be varied and include:
* Communicating with suppliers and customers over the telephone and via email.
* Managing stock / product levels
* Take full control of your product categories, including product set up, purchasing, management of stock and pricing
* Placing orders and negotiating prices
* Being fully aware of daily currency rates and trends to make effective decisions
* Liaising closely with a busy internal Sales and Marketing team to ensure overall efficiency of the role
* Managing a portfolio of accounts, building relationships and developing an understanding of their needs and potential requirements
* A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is required
* An interest in technology is advantageous but not necessary as training will be provided.
* Participate in weekly sales meetings
The role would suit anyone with Product Manager, Buyer, Purchasing Assistant, Brand Manager, Client Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Customer Services experience