Job ID 306864
We’re looking for a Production DBA to join our IT Systems Integration team in Leighton Buzzard or Milton Keynes supporting our business. This role will be an expansion to an already existing well established team of DBAs/Engineers and Analysts ready to support the Group’s expansion.
This role will be remote with the need to travel to our Leighton Buzzard or Milton Keynes offices 2 days a month. The working hours is from 8:00am to 6:00pm (37.5 hours), flexible hours but daily core hours need to be met.
You will be working with some very talented people who are always looking to move forward with the latest and greatest technology, this role will demand passion for all things SQL. It will be a chance for any DBA who is bored of doing the same grind and wanting to jump into something fast-pace and exciting – and bring new ideas to the table.
This role will be supported with a training and personal development scheme offering you the opportunity to earn £3,000 per qualification up to 2 qualifications over a 12 month plan period.
Key responsibilities of the Production DBA:
* Managing and maintaining the Connells Group Database Environment.
* Providing the Operations and Development teams with Production level SQL support.
* Liaising with 3rd parties to solve problems with bespoke systems.
* Performing regular capacity management task and security auditing.
* Maintain data security within the Database estate.
* Documenting and implementing all SQL configuration change.
* Implementing development applications change.
* Enforcing group security controls and best practices.
* Working closing with IT Development teams on troubleshooting Production systems.
Experience & skills required to be successful as a Production DBA:
* Excellent DBA skills with at least 4-6 years’ experience.
* Advanced T-SQL skills.
* Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft SQL Server stack (SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS).
* Strong working knowledge of PowerShell.
* Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, HADR (High Availability Disaster Recovery).
Desirable skill of a Production DBA:
* Ability to read and understand Programming languages: VB.NET & C# .NET.
* Azure SQL Server administration experience.
* Applications Administration skills.
* Experience with virtualization software: Hyper-V.
* Degree-level qualification in computer-related discipline and/or professional qualification(s) (Microsoft).
Connells Group is one of the largest and most successful estate agency and property services providers in the UK and as of March 2021 also encompasses Countrywide. Founded in 1936 and with a network of over 1,200 branches nationwide, the Group combines residential sales and lettings expertise with a range of consumer and corporate services including new homes, mortgage services, conveyancing, EPC provision, surveying, corporate lettings, asset management, land & planning, LPA receivers and auctions.
Connells Group UK is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Connells Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. So if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t fit perfectly with every aspect of the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities