Job ID 200163
This is a really interesting opportunity to join a highly professional and ambitious mid-sized IT Managed Services Provider, delivering Microsoft-centric, cloud-based solutions in to the Finance sector: specifically Asset Managers, Hedge Funds and Private Equity firms.
The role involves managing multiple concurrent projects in a fast-moving environment, co-ordinating and motivating the efforts of a talented technical staff across a variety of teams as well as third parties. You'll also work closely with clients to manage and exceed their expectations, providing regular reports and ensuring that delivery is on time and within budget.
Candidates with a background in an IT MSP environment would be of particular interest for this role, and it represents an excellent opportunity for long-term progression of your Project Manager career, with a pathway into a more senior role, with larger, more complex projects. Technical awareness would definitely be of benefit – particularly around the Microsoft product set: M365, Azure etc – and whilst the role's not technical, a prior background in engineering would be useful. Experience delivering to Finance sector clients isn't required, but would be a plus.
Project Manager – duties
* Management of time, budget and quality for multiple concurrent projects: typically new client onboarding, cloud builds and migrations, M365 rollouts, office moves etc.
* Lead the delivery of projects across various technical teams by ensuring that the right people are assigned, led and motivated.
* Prepare project plans and internal/external project reports to track and co-ordinate work.
* Work with senior management and technical teams to define project scope and work with client throughout project to identify any areas outside of scope.
* Conduct regular internal and external project meetings.
* Ensure high standard of project closure for handover to BAU, including appropriate documentation and project review.
* Identify additional business opportunities and liaise with Account Managers accordingly.
* Manage relationships and negotiations with third party vendors when required.
Project Manager – requirements
* Proven track record in IT Project Management (3 yrs+)
* Experience of delivering IT infrastructure projects: i.e. cloud (Azure/AWS), networks, telephony, endpoints, security, M365
* Able to manage multiple, concurrent projects: excellent organisational skills
* Top-notch communication skills: able to present and lead meetings
* Formal Project Management qualification would be a plus: PRINCE2 Foundation , PMI CAPM
* Excellent attention to detail
* First-class customer management skills.
This is a hybrid role, typically with two days per week in the office (Central London) and the rest from home. In addition to interesting clients and projects and a progressive career path, there are some great benefits including a bonus, health & dental care and free lunch when you're in the office