Job ID 269959
My client is a global event production company that works exclusively for agencies and private event planners. We specialise in content creation, technical production and design. In addition to conventional live events, we also offer live-streaming and virtual conferencing worldwide, produced from our purpose-built studios which are situated within our South London warehouse and HQ. Due to business growth, we are currently looking for a full time Project Manager to provide experienced leadership in the planning and fulfilment of all project delivery requirements as we enter a new phase of expansion and growth. This position within the company requires proven experience in the events industry combined with excellent ability in both technical and scenic disciplines.
● Oversee the successful delivery of a project from brief to completion whilst defining and following the ‘critical path’.
● Liaise with clients to establish briefs.
● Assess requirements in partnership with appropriate internal departments, providing experience and depth of knowledge to formulate and present considered solutions, that balance creative ambition with safe and practical delivery as well as offering value to our clients.
● Manage day to day client communications, ensuring any production/design changes are communicated to all relevant parties.
● Be able to clearly articulate why proposed production methodologies are the best solution, help provide justification on cost line items, and be willing to listen and collaborate with the client.
● Book appropriately skilled freelancers and technicians onto projects and coordinate their scheduling and roles within a project.
● Manage project delivery, including the management of any client-owned/subcontracted kit as appropriate.
● Coordinate subcontractor deliverables and ensure they are in accordance with the agreed specification, overseeing the fabrication/production of all items.
● Assess H&S requirements, creating all relevant paperwork and permits ensuring clients, contractors and internal teams are aware of the requirements and ensure protocols are enforced on site.
● Oversee financial control of projects with internal departments and subcontractors, ensuring delivery of all aspects of assigned projects within the agreed timeframe and budget.
● On project completion, ensure the precise financial reconciliation of all production budgets and the client is invoiced and payment received in a timely manner.
● Ensure debriefs are undertaken on all projects and results are communicated, and best-practice and learnings are shared across the company.
● Be proactive and take the initiative to move projects forward, collaborating with other departments.
● Proven experience of delivering large scale live shows and events, with a thorough understanding of the technical and scenic disciplines required to deliver such events. We recognise that individuals may have a bias towards particular disciplines – but an applicant should have the ability to deliver all aspects of a project.
● Experience delivering virtual events is desirable but not essential.
● Proficient in Google Drive, Microsoft 365 and experience using HireHop or similarrental management systems.
● Capable of managing large scale, complex budgets of £250k plus.
● Committed to delivering quality and professionalism with meticulous attention to detail. ● Team-oriented with demonstrable leadership skills.
● Flexible regarding creative and client changes during the project cycle.
● Calm under pressure, extremely organized, proactive with excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
● Embrace an ever-developing landscape of new technology.
● Proactive, seeking out innovations in the industry that may be applied to projects.
● Able and willing to travel internationally, occasionally for extended periods as required