Job ID 329146
Howdens Joinery are looking for passionate testers with a focus on Automation. Joining a growing Automation function you will be an integral part in helping us build up our in house Automation capability to support our exciting development plans.
With offices in Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire and East Yorkshire we are looking for our engineers to join our teams but with the opportunity for some home working.
What you will be doing as a QA Automation Engineer:
– Utilise your practical experience of the processes required to support the delivery of Agile, Waterfall and Iterative projects including estimation, scoping, planning, preparing, execution, reporting and management of defects.
– Delivering & maintaining quality test scripts based on scenarios for system developments and involved in creating test procedures.
– Closely work with the Business Analyst and Development teams and other IS teams on projects.
– Awareness of Application Lifecycle Management tools like Azure DevOps, Jira and Microfocus ALM, including pipelines and continuous integration.
– Knowledge of C#, Visual Basic .NET, YAML or at least one other scripting language.
– Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
– A high level of IT literacy, showing proven previous experience in testing web applications, desktop applications and SAP.
– Experience of developing with automation test tools such as Ranorex, UFT, Selenium, Specflow, Postman, BrowserStack, Cucumber, Gherkin etc.
– Educated to degree level in a computer science related discipline or have equivalent relevant experience.
– Creation of Test Approaches and identification of Test scopes to identify test procedures that will benefit from automation.
What we can offer you:
– Competitive salary and annual company bonus
– Excellent pension scheme (company contribution of up to 12%)
– 25 days holiday + bank holidays with the option to buy additional days
– Staff Discount
– Exceptional Reward and Recognition events
– Free lunches offered in our East Yorkshire offices
Howdens Joinery is the UK's number one trade kitchen supplier providing thousands of products across kitchens, joinery, and hardware. We have over 800 depots throughout the UK and Europe – making us the first choice for more than 460,000 loyal trade professionals. Last year our sales reached circa 2.1bn, and we have an ambitious growth agenda.
There is a strong entrepreneurial ethos and the opportunity to develop within a fast-paced and commercial environment. That, along with a competitive salary, development opportunities, and exciting rewards, are among the reasons why our people enjoy working for Howdens – and why we have been named one of the 10 Best Big Companies to Work For.